Reception waiting lists

anna matronic

Mummy to Evan :-)
Reaction score
Hi all! Haven't posted for years! Anyway I have a question and would like to hear stories (Los/neg whatever!)

I applied for Evans school place as normal on time and he was allocated a place. I declined as we have moved to a completely different area, so put in a "late" application with new LEA on 27th March. We obviously missed he first round, so he has now gone on the waiting lists.

He is 3rd on the list for our first pref school, which is our closest community school, 370 meters away.

He hasn't yet been allocated anywhere by the council.

So any stories of being third and the chance of him getting in for September, is there much movement?

For info it's a good school (2 other local schools are outstanding and the catchments are all super tiny!) 2 form entry in south London/Surrey border.

Thanks xx

I don't know about Reception but Earl was 3rd in line for the nursery at our local school which is highly competitive and we got offered a place for that.

Good luck x

I've no personal experience of being in the list but I would have thought that being third was pretty good.

Our daughter got a place at the school her brother was at. Just a few days before she started she was actually granted a Statement of Educational Needs and in effect was granted a place at the school in those grounds which meant that a place opened up for someone on the waiting list. So it can literally be very last minute that you get offered a place in the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->