Recipe Thread... yum....

Also have a yummy recipe for a cheesecake

For "normal" sized cheesecake will need 1/2 pack of digestives (or other biscuits) and butter to bind. Smash biscuits and mix into melted butter. Press into flan case/cheesecake tin etc. Put in fride to set.

500g of soft cheese (pasteurised so something like Philadelphia)
1/2 or all of a large bar of Toblerone

Melt chocolate, let cool a little but not reset....mix in cheese....stick on base.....fridge til set....eat

OMG, L-U-S-H!!! :thumbup: I've done something similar, but with Philly and lemon curd, no need for any melting though obviously, just whip em up together. It's very effective and takes no time to make. :)

Drool! I do nutella, with bourbons & chocolate digestives in the base!

Also have a yummy recipe for a cheesecake

For "normal" sized cheesecake will need 1/2 pack of digestives (or other biscuits) and butter to bind. Smash biscuits and mix into melted butter. Press into flan case/cheesecake tin etc. Put in fride to set.

500g of soft cheese (pasteurised so something like Philadelphia)
1/2 or all of a large bar of Toblerone

Melt chocolate, let cool a little but not reset....mix in cheese....stick on base.....fridge til set....eat

OMG, L-U-S-H!!! :thumbup: I've done something similar, but with Philly and lemon curd, no need for any melting though obviously, just whip em up together. It's very effective and takes no time to make. :)

Drool! I do nutella, with bourbons & chocolate digestives in the base!

NOM NOM NOMMMMMM!!!! :haha:

So what's everyone having for tea tonight then? I've got a bog-standard roast dinner as DH home for tea (rare treat, normally cooking for one!)
I've got some skinless chicken breasts in for tea tomorrow so ideas what to do with them would be good (otherwise they're just going in a jar of sauce lol) xxx

PS It's sort of embarrassing seeing as I cooked for a pub not so many moons ago :blush: but anything that was on the menu I'm sick of the sight of now :)

My favourite for slow cooker is a whole chicken, turns out lovely, put it in slow cooker on low while your at work and put with whatever you fancy can either be a roast dinner or anythig else.

My other is chicken breast sliced thinish and fried on garlic butter add a sliced onion/ pepper/leek/springonion whatever you have in really, once all fried add some Cajun spice and then get a packet of uncle bens 2 min cook in microwave rice I usuallyuse the Mediterranean one, cook then add with the chicken etc and serve its yummy, quick and so simple!

Emsbambino - thanks! I happen to have some unc ben sachet in the cupboard, they were on special in my local spar, I never normally buy flavoured rice but that sounds like an excellent combo!

Spoiled for foody choice on TV tonight, Nigella on two, Hugh F-W on four :)

By far the easiest/yummiest recipe I know.. I had it tonight! Mmm

Elbow Macaroni
1 can of Diced Tomatoes
Shredded chedder cheese
Salt & pepper to taste.

Make the macaroni according to package, drain, add the diced tomatoes, shredded chedder cheese and warm until the cheese is melted. Add salt & pepper to your liking & Voila.. Super yummy :) Its best when served with garlic bread!

ok,so I have all the ingredients in the fridge for a stew to cook in the slow cooker,I have the meat,onions and stew veg but i have to add stock

1,is stock an oxo cube or bisto

2,how much stock do I need to put in the slow cooker as im guessing you would need quite a bit so that the stew dont dry out

See told you I was as thick a sh**t when it came to things like this lol

Hopefully one of you lovely ladies will help me out here as Im hoping to have it al lready to put in first thing in the morning

Oh just turned over to bbc2 and nigella is on,I like her lol

hey ladies, first time venturing in here, we are starting to eat dinner with Izzy now, and need some healthy ideas that are suitable for her too. We usually use jars of sauce for me and OH, but has anyone got any easy sauce recipes for chicken, pasta etc- such as a curry recipe, black bean etc. Thank you

Scally, I know it's not veeery healthy but my girls are now quite liking anything with a bit of sweet bbq flavour in it...! And although my girls are 6 months older than Izzy I still by&large cook separately for them as they still prefer their food a little plainer (they'd live off my beef and mixed veg cottage pie if i let them lol!) Anything with 'too much' flavour e.g. even just a bit of black pepper in, or mild curry, anything like that, I have (double) messy nappies yuk. Sorry I couldn't be much help!

That reminds me though, on an adult meal front as well as a toddler meal front, I often make up a big batch of savoury mince with plenty of finely chopped veggies for my girls and freeze in portions, then when reheating, either just serve with mash, or chuck in some pesto and serve with pasta, or if your LO likes it, a spot of curry powder/paste and serve with rice...
I go to Poundstretcher and buy a load of those plastic tubs, usually 7 for a £1, like chinese takeaway tubs, disposable but can be re-used several times. They stack well in the freezer and are microwave-safe :thumbup:

ok,so I have all the ingredients in the fridge for a stew to cook in the slow cooker,I have the meat,onions and stew veg but i have to add stock

1,is stock an oxo cube or bisto

2,how much stock do I need to put in the slow cooker as im guessing you would need quite a bit so that the stew dont dry out

See told you I was as thick a sh**t when it came to things like this lol

Hopefully one of you lovely ladies will help me out here as Im hoping to have it al lready to put in first thing in the morning

Probably too late now, but thought this might help! https://www.netmums.com/food/Slow_Cooking.804/ It says "Use about 450g meat, 225g vegetables and 300-470ml of liquid/stock in a family meal for four people." And has lots of other tips and ideas.
Oxo is stock, bisto is gravy granuals :)

I love cooking and love eating even more.

or Sausage & Beans Bake;

chop an onion and fry in a pan with sliced mushrooms (5-6) while they are cooking I grill 5/6 sausages and half a packet of streaky bacon (once they are browned chop them up and add them to the pan (while that is cooking boil some water and put peeled pots in to make mashed potatoe for your topping) remove pan with sausages/onions etc if you are waiting for the potatoes to cook/mash. Add 1-2 tins of beans to your sausage mix also add 1/4 beef gravy, a dash of lea and perrins worcestershire sauce, and a dollop of ketchup. heat through gently then put into over proof dish. add the mash on top and sprinkle on top some cheese (grated or sliced) then put into oven gas mark 5 until cooked on top.

These sound like hard work but they are not really and are great on cold days. :)

Thanks for this i think i'll try it!! my lot love sausages and beans sure to be a hit!

Thanks lauren/freya - let me know how you get on :D. It is very tasty, I got it from my sis in law who cooks it for my niece and nephew.

angelic, my step dad does something very similar but with a good shake of hot chilli powder in it! But then saying that, he puts chilli in just about everything, I'm surprised his taste buds have survived the onslaught!

Fun fact (that you probably already know, but..): by adding chilli or hot spice to your food, it raises your metabolism by up to 30% for the hour after you finished your meal.
Vindaloo for me please lol!!!

Just did this for the first time (but it won't be the last unless OH gives it the thumbs down - I like it)

"Quick chicken chasseur" and its nice and suitable for freezing as well.

8 rashers streaky bacon chopped into large pieces
4 chicken breast cut into large chunks
200g baby button mushrooms (or similar)
1 tbsp plain flour
400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic (I just used plain and added a clove of chopped garlic)
1 beef stock cube
dash worcestershire sauce
handful parsley, chopped

fry off bacon about 2 mins (just starting to go brown)
add chicken & fry for 2-3 mins
add mushrooms turn heat up (if not already high) & cook for a couple of mins
stir in the flour until you cant really see it or its formed a paste
pour in the tomatoes & stir until everything is well coated and evely distributed
crumble in stock cube and stir until aborbed
bubble / simmer gently for 10 mins,
ad dash of worcestershire sauce and handful of parsley & serve (they recommend crusty bread)

I also added a dash of red wine as I had some left over from a casarole I cooked earlier in the week.

I'm serving with some steamed veg, carrot, potatoe cabbage & asparagus and prob some bread as well. Recipe should serve 4 I'm hoping with the added veg I can 2 meals out of it for OH, DS & myself.

Just did this for the first time (but it won't be the last unless OH gives it the thumbs down - I like it)

"Quick chicken chasseur" and its nice and suitable for freezing as well.

8 rashers streaky bacon chopped into large pieces
4 chicken breast cut into large chunks
200g baby button mushrooms (or similar)
1 tbsp plain flour
400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic (I just used plain and added a clove of chopped garlic)
1 beef stock cube
dash worcestershire sauce
handful parsley, chopped

fry off bacon about 2 mins (just starting to go brown)
add chicken & fry for 2-3 mins
add mushrooms turn heat up (if not already high) & cook for a couple of mins
stir in the flour until you cant really see it or its formed a paste
pour in the tomatoes & stir until everything is well coated and evely distributed
crumble in stock cube and stir until aborbed
bubble / simmer gently for 10 mins,
ad dash of worcestershire sauce and handful of parsley & serve (they recommend crusty bread)

I also added a dash of red wine as I had some left over from a casarole I cooked earlier in the week.

I'm serving with some steamed veg, carrot, potatoe cabbage & asparagus and prob some bread as well. Recipe should serve 4 I'm hoping with the added veg I can 2 meals out of it for OH, DS & myself.

this sounds lovely, am defo going to try it!!

I make a veg soup & then use it as a base for sauces.

Soup:

1/2 Butternut Squash
1 or 2 white onions
1 red onion
3 cloves of garlic (or good shake of garlic powder)
1 red pepper
2 or 3 carrots
.....basically I add in what ever is there, I sometimes add in 1/2 a cauliflower or some brocolli or some turnup. I once added mushrooms, BIG mistake, went a funny colour & I couldn't eat it :nope:

I fry off the onion & garlic, then bung everything else in cover in "recently boiled" water :)rofl: i sound like Nigella) & then throw in two stock cubes. Bring to boil, throw in dry herbs of your choice & simmer, let cool then whizz.

I freeze this in portions (it makes a good amount). If I'm making a curry I use this as a base as the slyest way of getting veg into dh & dd:happydance: or use it as base for a chicken type dish flavouring it either with curry or other spices etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->