reclaiming birth rally

P

purple_socks

Just wondered who else is planning on attending the reclaiming birth rally in london on 7th march? :thumbup:

i'm not :cry: soo want to but its just too far :cry: think Shifter is going ....:shrug:

Rach come! the more people the bigger the impact! :)

I was thinking about it, but even though I didn't have one, I desperately wanted an epidural and would request one next time so I always feel like I don't really fit in with people who are all for natural, 'normal' birth...

I was thinking about it, but even though I didn't have one, I desperately wanted an epidural and would request one next time so I always feel like I don't really fit in with people who are all for natural, 'normal' birth...

Its not just for women who want an all natural birth...its abt birth choices...women should have a choice about where and how they have their babies. If your birth choices include having a epidural then you should be able to access one, same as if someone's birth choice includes a homebirth or use of a birthing centre pool then they should be provided with support and means to do so.

heres a quote from aims.org abt the rally:

We are rallying to make it clear to our Governments in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland that:

Women and families need to be looked after by known and trusted midwives throughout pregnancy, birth and after birth.

Women need to have easy access to stand alone birth centres run by midwives and to home births, as well as obstetric units.

Heres a bit more info from NCT but also there r a list of other ways you can support the campaign even if you can't make the rally.

https://www.nct.org.uk/active/nctactivehome/reclaimingbirth

Ooh thank you - I had a look for info but didn't find that :dohh: Might see if I can convince OH to come with me.

no worries...yay if people from BnB come we could all meet up and march together!!! :happydance: (my OH is coming too BTW)

I would SO be there if we were still living in in London, it's just way to far from Manc! Good on you girls who can make it xx

*bump*

just wanted to bump this back up coz there must be more people going? surely? come on BnBers...lets get a group together and make changes to the maternity service!!!:thumbup:

Would love to go too but I live in Glasgow so too far for me too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->