Recommend me a breastfeeding pillow....

Mrs_T

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I wanna buy a breastfeeding pillow this time around as last time I found myself stacking cushions like a crazy lady bit I'm so lost as to which one to buy!!!

I've looked at the widget ones, boppy ones, a make called baroo and don't know which to go for??!! Also do you think this kind of thing is better bought new or could an eBay one be ok?

TIA :)

I never used a breastfeeding pillow. I just used regular pillows at first then didn't use any after a while. :shrug:
I suppose a lot of ladies like the Boppy because after you are through using it (I would think you really shouldn't need one for long) the baby can use it when they are learning to sit up. :shrug:
I think a used one would work just as well but then again I'm the sort of person who hates spending money on items that wouldn't be used for long. I never even bought maternity clothes. :haha:

I love my Boppy pillow. I highly recommend them.

I started using a widget cushion but find LO fed better on a normal house cushion, she is only small at the moment so this could be why. I found the cushion got in the way.

I've used the Widgey from 1day old.....amazing! So comfy for my LO, and hands free feeding. I would by new Hun as the milk can go on it, and spit up can get a bit dirty. Although the cover can be washed, it's not waterproof so you don't know what's lurking in the actual cushion.

https://www.mothercare.com/Widgey®-Breastfeeding-Pillow/369403,default,pd.html

My breast friend. It clasps around your waist and doesn't droop like the boppy can. It's great!

I used the boppy until LO weaned at 19 months. Best purchase ever!

I use the boppy one. I used it all the way untl my daughter was one, and I'm using for my second baby. ( I actually have two, one upstairs and one downstairs) as for buying on eBay or used or whatever, I think it's fine. they sell just the covers for it too if you want to maybe purchase your own new cover for it. ( they don't cost too much)

Honestly, I hate the boppy. I had one given to me with my son and I never used it for more than a prop for pictures. This time around I got a Sealy sweet pea 2 in 1 and use it as a sleep positioner even now after having my daughter. I love it. When this one wears out I actually plan to buy it again just to sleep with. Best purchase and comes with washable cover so no extra cost. It's a bit bulky but I can nurse hands free with this if I want which helps make cluster feeding easier since I can do other things while she sleeps on the boob.

I have a Perfectly Happy People Widgey Nursing Pillow from ASDA which I hate. It find it too high.

I went to ikea, paid £7 for a V pillow and it is the best shape and size for me x

I did a lot of research and after all I bough My Breast Friend. It is great, but... I used it twice and I really didn't need it... It just didn't work for me. It was much simpler just to have my baby in my arms and breastfeed either on my bed or on a sofa and put my feet on a coffee table:)) Also, you don't have as much skin contact with a pillow... Good luck!

I haven't not breast fed yet.. However I did receive a Boppy pillow at my shower. A lot of moms have told me they love the Boppy... so I hope I will too!

Thanks everyone! I have to say I think I'm leaning towards a boppy, but not gonna buy one yet as work might do a collection for me, in which case the pillow would be good for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->