Recommend me a castle please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearls18

Reaction score
I would like to get DS1 a castle with knights play set for Christmas. I HATE toys that have lots of bits though, too much assembly and if anything can come apart I can guarantee he will break it apart lose pieces and not play with it. I remember growing up my brother had a fisher price castle, it was just one solid castle and came with 10 knights 5 gold and 5 black, I can still see it on eBay regularly for not too expensive a price, it was released 1995 I think. I might get this but I know it sounds silly but I would rather get him something new in a box...is there anything similar on the market at the moment, whenever I look online the ones nowadays look like they come in many different pieces, I would just like one solid castle (maybe with a few loose doors and things that's ok) a bit like a dolls house I guess?

Imaginext castle Hun that's in one piece and not many bits xx

We have the Melissa and Doug princess castle, it's huge and the girls love it. It's one big solid wooden piece that folds closed, with a drawbridge door, stables, and towers. My only complaint is that the one removable tower doesn't stay on if the kids move the castle around a lot, but I think that could easily be fixed with a little super glue. It's a fabulous tower. The princess one is pink but I know they make one for boys too and I'm sure it's just as good at their other castles.

I'm sure I've seen large wooden ones in ELC not sure price and pieces wise. Imaginext doesn't tend to have too many pieces. We have a playmobil one but it comes apart so often and lots of small bits so wouldn't be any good for you.

Imaginext castle, my boys love it, and so do all his friends when they come to play

My little boy sounds just like yours and I am hoping to get the Imaginext castle for him :)

prolly no help as it will have a million bits but we have got TWO :/ playmobil castles for our sons xmas :/ he is playmobil mad mind and the quality is fantastic, although myself i prefer wooden toys and had a castle similar to the one you mention :) maybe even that one !

Don't get the pirate ship & castle from Smyths. It's shocking quality!

My DS is getting the fisher price imaginext castle for Christmas :)

My lb has the Imaginext castle and he loves it. It's great quality and we also bought the dragon that interacts with it x

My boys have the Mike the Knight castle and like it. It does have a few pieces that can come off, but most of it is a solid piece.

Not sure if elc still do it, but my ds 1 had the wooden tower of doom a few years ago, quite big, easy to assemble, all wooden slots that fit together.

The Melissa and Doug wooden one is lovely and comes ready assembled. You can use it with wooden figures or plastic ones. We're getting it for DS's main present this year. I like the it folds up and all the figures can go inside.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...200_QL40&qid=1411234509&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Another to recommend imaginext castle :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back