recommend me a good/trashy chick lit

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
so i've been told today if pepper isn't here just after my due date i am being induce due to her measuring big and my BP

so i am after a few books to pass the time, anybody got any recommendations

i love cecelia ahern, sophie kinsella and the like, easy to read

OK, anything by....

Lisa Jewell
Dorothy Koomson
Jill Mansell
Carol Matthews
Adele Parks
Jane Green
Louise Bagshawe
Tilly Bagshawe
Jane Fallon

A really good one, though not chick lit, is One Day by David Nicholls. Just been made into a film.

Think I have read every book written by all the above and love them all!

Have you tried any Wendy Holden? Fluffy, funny and current. She's written about 7 books. Good luck!! xxx

Mike Gayle books are easy reads, sort of like 'male chick lit' :)

Marian Keyes best chick lit I have ever read I also like the authors you like but found Marian Keyes even better plus very funny :) x

Katie price fiction books! Although im not a fan of her, (and she doesnt actually write the books) the books are really good and i wasnt able to put them down. Ive flown through loads since ive been pregnant.
By her fiction books i mean, Crystal, Angel, Saphire, Comeback girl etc.
She's just brought a new christmas one out that involves the character 'Angel', called 'Santa Baby'. Im looking forward to reading this :) x

Lucy diamond got some nice chick lits and the funniest books I've ad so far are "may contain nuts" and there are two books by Matt Rudd can't remember titles, had me crying with laughter would actually read them again thinking about it now!

Marian Keyes is brill but don't read Watermelon lol! I love Jilly Cooper too but they are quite horsey!

Oooh Marian Keyes books are brilliant and for pure trash read some Jilly Cooper!!

I enjoy Jodie Picoult books although some are quite hard going in the topics they cover.

Happy reading (you've inspired me to head to the library I want to re-read all of Jilly Coopers books again!)

The two authors you said are favourites of mines also. Try Cathy Kelly, Patricia Scalan very funny Sheila o'flanagan. Usually on offer in tesco too if you get older titles.

Oh god I have read one Jodi Piccoult book and it upset me so much!!

Yh I have only read one Jodie picoult, was too serious for my time of life, used to read all the Virginia Andrews but again a bit too serious! When u have kids I think you just need something light n easy! Well I do anyway, enough stresses of lie without adding a stressful book too lol

Jodi picoult books always, always disappoint me with their endings. I don't know why I continue to read them lol! Marian Keyes has already been mentioned, but in particular read rachels holiday and anybody out there? I've prob read them about 10 times each! shame you couldn't come raid my bookshelf lol take a look, pretty much all of it is trashy chick lit with a few 'serious' ones chucked in. oh and I dunno if ur into this kinda stuff but the true blood books are amazing xxxx

https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-6.jpg

Jodi picoult books always, always disappoint me with their endings. I don't know why I continue to read them lol! Marian Keyes has already been mentioned, but in particular read rachels holiday and anybody out there? I've prob read them about 10 times each! shame you couldn't come raid my bookshelf lol take a look, pretty much all of it is trashy chick lit with a few 'serious' ones chucked in. oh and I dunno if ur into this kinda stuff but the true blood books are amazing xxxx

https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-6.jpg

she was the other author i couldn't think of, anybody out there had me bawling like a baby...... true blood don;t think i have tried.

as for Jodi picoult she has a real talent for writting, but the way some of her books end upsets me..... ahh all is well and good but lets kill them anyway....

if anybody is looking for a real tear jerker and a real good cry, try Marley and Me, the film doesn't do it justice. then book had me crying with laughter

if anybody is looking for a real tear jerker and a real good cry, try Marley and Me, the film doesn't do it justice. then book had me crying with laughter

I read Marley and Me and was finishing it on the train. I was literally sobbing my heart out. The other passengers were offering me tissues and comforting me. It was so embarrassing. I wasn't even pregnant at the time.

i sat on the floor clinging to the dog for hours refusing to let him go incase he died.... my mum thought i was a little bonkers, but she done the same with lassie as a kid

I love Jane Green, and would recomend any of her books and I think I might have all her books so far hehe, I have also read all the Sophie Kinsella books but find I am growing out of the Shopaholic series now? Anyone else? lol

All my books are packed away at the mo :( as we are decorating :(

My 2 fave books are Rachels holiday by Marian Keyes and PS I love you by Cecilia Ahern-far far better than the film. In her shoes by Jennifer Weiner is also good and again better than tthe film. I read a few books every week so could probably go on forever. If you like any kind of crime or thriller Karen Rose is very easy to read. Happy reading hun xxx

Cecelia Ahern and Jane Green are 2 of my favourites. Love Diane Chamberlain too, same style writing as Jodi Picoult but i find her books better! My Mother in law actually got me into Josephine Cox books too....I didn't think i'd like them but found i couldn't put them down. I will read just about anything....love getting lost in a book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->