• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Recommend me a washing machine!

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
My old dear has just gone kaput so I need a nice new washing machine!

I want to get a decent one that will be reliable.

I need it to take around 7kg or so. I have no idea which brands are the best.

Any ideas?! Thanks :flower:

I have a Smeg! Best thing I ever bought for my kitchen. Would really recommend x

We have an Indesit at the moment and it's really good. It's got a 15min wash on it which is good for things that just need a freshen up. However if I had the money I would buy another Miele. Seriously the machine we had took everything we threw at it (my oh is a farmer) and never gave us any problems at all. We'd still have it if it hadn't fallen off the bloody moving lorry !.

Just bought a new beko, child proof lock, LED screen which tells you how long a cycle takes. Love it (also just bought beko tumble dryer and dishwasher also love them). For us beko has been great we have a massive fridge/freezer from them and it's so good.

Our washer is about 6kg but I'm sure they do bigger. Cost us £240 from a local shop.

Just bought a new beko, child proof lock, LED screen which tells you how long a cycle takes. Love it (also just bought beko tumble dryer and dishwasher also love them). For us beko has been great we have a massive fridge/freezer from them and it's so good.

Our washer is about 6kg but I'm sure they do bigger. Cost us £240 from a local shop.

My mum won't buy anything but BEKO. She swears by it :thumbup:.

We bought a beko for a rental property and had nothing but problems with it, i even knew how the engineer liked his tea as we saw him so often!

At home, I had a Bosch which was fab, but left it when we moved. I now have a hotpoint (owned by indesit, so the machines are essentially the same but branded differently) and it is fine, does the job!

However, when we redo our kitchen in a couple of years, I will be getting a Miele. They are expensive to buy, but often last for 20+ years.

I have a hotpoint which I am pleased with. It is the second one I've had and my previous one lasted years. Between the two hotpoints I had a beko and it only lasted a year.

We have a Beko. Had it about 2 years...can't fault it at all. The only thing that has gone wrong is a nappy liner got sucked into the drainage but it was really easy to drain and remove ourselves.

It's 7kg, child lock (an absolute must in our house!), loads of different settings, easy to use. It cost £240 on offer (silver model).

We wash clothes, nappies and DH work gear in it (works on a Blast Furnace so gets hideously dirty) & it works brilliant!

We have a Beko. Had it about 2 years...can't fault it at all. The only thing that has gone wrong is a nappy liner got sucked into the drainage but it was really easy to drain and remove ourselves.

It's 7kg, child lock (an absolute must in our house!), loads of different settings, easy to use. It cost £240 on offer (silver model).

We wash clothes, nappies and DH work gear in it (works on a Blast Furnace so gets hideously dirty) & it works brilliant!

The one we just bought has a child lock and it's amazing! Our old beko didn't but it was 5 years old so well before T came along.

I've just got a Hotpoint, 9kg. It's fab and is so quiet, it has a special sshh sign on the front - I can hardly hear it spinning!

The one we just bought has a child lock and it's amazing! Our old beko didn't but it was 5 years old so well before T came along.

Agree! Before we got it, Joshua was obsessed with playing with the dials....a quick wash would turn into a 90c 3 Hour long wash.....

Only downside to it is if you are half asleep and put child lock on first, press start then go out....come back after work and the clothes haven't been washed.

I have a hoover 8kg washer and it's great. It has an LED screen which tells you how long the wash lasts, about 10 different programmes including cotton, synthetics, baby clothes, extra dirty clothes, delicates. It automatically weighs the clothes once they are wet and adjusts the cycle time appropriately. And it uses less than a third of the electric our old one used per wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->