• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Recovering From An Episiotomy?

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
I had an episiotomy when i had my boy, and i wanted to ask any other mums out there who have had them as well, if 1) 3 or 4 days later you found they started to sting, not just when you go toilet but also sometimes when you sit, stand & walk around 2) Did you also find a few days later that you feel you really need to go toilet (for a wee), but when you got to the toilet it was a bit of a struggle to go? (and you found yourself waiting till your body let you do a wee)

My stitches have been fine up until yesterday or the day before when they started to become irritating! Any suggestions as to how to relieve it?

Thanks In Advance :flower:

Hey! have a look in postnatal support i think there may be a few threads on it. But my personal experience was similar to your but the wee thing is prob to do with ur bladder, did you have a catheter? i had to go back to hospital after a few days cause i couldn't wee. the stitches were quite sore for a few weeks so give urself a little while and you'll be fine, BUT if you are concerned speak to ur health visitor, thats what they're there for!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->