Recovery from forceps and episiotomy

sedgeez

Mummy to my rainbow
Reaction score
Anyone else have forceps and a 2nd degree episiotomy ?

It's been a week and I'm still tender and sore. Which I think is to be expected really.

Just wondered if anyone else has been through the same things and how long they took to recover?

My vagina is very achey today an it's driving me insane. It's hard enough with the episiotomy.

distlilled witch hazel on a pad!!! works wonders and put it in a bath too!

Agree the witch hazel is good. But honestly all that really helped me was rest. I knew when i had done too much and it set me back days. I was still sore 12 weeks on and if im honest i did not fully recover for 9 months...... I just felt really bruised down there but he was a big baby too so that could be why.

Hi I had my ds 17 days ago with forceps and episiotomy. At a week after I was feeling really low coz it didn't seem to be getting any better or easier. I was crying in pain most mornings. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, suddenly I turned a corner. One morning I was in pain and suddenly by the afternoon I felt much better and it continued the next day. I agree with pp rest as much as you possibly can. I was very very bruised as they were quite rough (which they had to be as ds was in distress) and I think taking arnica really helped as well as baths twice a day with lavender. My MW also advised to try sitting upright as much as I could manage to stop getting pressure sores elsewhere. I'd suggest using cold packs and hot packs/hot water bottle to help ease the aching. And keep up with pain meds that are anti inflammatory to help ease the swelling (ibuprofen they gave me).

I still feel achey in my lady bits but it's nowhere near as bad now. Hope it gets better soon Hun, hang in there!

I had this with DD1. I was super sore for 3 weeks, and tbh, I could feel the effects for 6 months. Sex was really sore for a while due to the need to break up scar tissue. With DD2, I pushed twice and didn't need a single stitch. Hang in there! :hugs:

oh sedgeez!! sorry to go off topic, but congrats on your precious rainbow!!

My stitches opened after I had forceps with my first, took 6/8 weeks to fully knit back together :-(

I had an episiotomy and forcep delivery which resulted in a 4th degree tear. It took about 12/13 weeks to get over the initial discomfort but then it calmed down. I do however still get bouts of a nagging dull ache down there from time to time after sex or if ive done too much exercise. My daughter is now months old xxx

It took me about 3 weeks to feel better, I also managed to get an infection. Even going to the bathroom hurt so much. I found pouring cold water when I went to the loo helped alot to take away the pain. I also had super baths as per the midwife with a couple of drops of tea tree oil which were amazing. Witch hazel is also amazing straight from the fridge.

Had sex after about 2 months, felt a little bruised after inside but wasn't painful.

Midwife also said to let air at it so I would have a half hour break, stick a towel on the bed and let the air flow. It felt great and gave hubby some time alone with our little one.

Congrats on your newborn. Hope you recover soon. Xx

My case is very unusual but i took just over 2 years to heal from mine. x

Honestly giving birth 19 months after my forceps delivery is when things felt better down there (from the forceps not the episiotomy - dr thinks that whatever was sore healed properly after giving birth again) try bathing with a couple drops of tea tree oil, I did this second time (small tear) and it helped!

I didn't have an assisted delivery but did have a 2nd degree tear. I was sore for about 7-8 weeks afterwards but it did get easier, felt like everything was going to fall out "down there" for about 8-9 weeks (probably because I didn't rest).

T-Tree oil and lavender oil made me feel better after a nice bath :)

I had to have forceps, an episiotomy and I had internal tearing. They did my stitches too tight that also caused abscesses and an infection, it took over 6 months for me to heal. I couldn't sit or walk. My midwife actually provided me with a special cushion from the hospital to help so I could sit and hold my LO.

I found lavender oil and milk in the bath helped me, as well as witch hazel or lavender oil on a maternity pad, then putting it in the freezer.

I also had to have forceps and episiotomy. Stitches fell out so it took about 12 weeks to recover... Sex still feels a bit funny tbh. However I sat in a shallow bath with lavender oil twice a day and it really helped soothe everything and I was able to sit down etc.

No-one prepares you for how exhausted you'll feel after labour so don't expect too much from yourself so soon - Honestly I thought I'd be out shopping on day 3 - more fool me! Some ladies can do it, I was not one of them!!!

xx

I had forceps and episiotomy just over a month ago, and i'm just about starting to feel normal again. The worst part for me was going to the toilet for a BM, my back passage felt numb for ages and like I had no control over it. Also for the first week or so I got a really heavy, dragging sensation down there, especially if I walked up or down my stairs. Sitting down was painful too, I almost bought a rubber ring! :haha:

It gets easier, lots of warm baths and pain meds did the trick for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->