Recurrent miscarriage and coeliac disease

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
I didnt really know where to put this but thought here was okay, if not feel free to move it.

I have coeliac disease (an autoimmune system disease, which basically means your immune system fights your digestive system if you eat gluten, this can stop you from absorbing what you need from food), and whilst researching if I need to take extra supplements whilst ttc, I found evidence that undiagnosed coeliac can increase your chances of m/c and recurrent m/c as your body is not absorbing the things needed for baby.

Heres the thing as many as 1 in 100 people have coeliac's (mostly undiagnosed), many adults have NO symptoms but if they do they can have all or some of these;

bloating, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhoea, excessive wind, heartburn, indigestion, constipation
any combination of iron, vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency
tiredness, headaches
weight loss (but not in all cases)
recurrent mouth ulcers
hair loss (alopecia)
skin rash (dermatitis herpetiformis- 'DH')
defective tooth enamel
osteoporosis
depression
infertility
recurrent miscarriages
joint or bone pain
neurological (nerve) problems such as ataxia (poor muscle co-ordination) and neuropathy (numbness and tingling in the hands and feet).

I guess what I am trying to say is if you have had recurrent unexplained m/c's ask for a coeliac test (at first it is a simple blood test) as something as simple as this could be causing it.

I hope I have not upset anyone, massive hugs x

Tasha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->