Red and Brown Spotting @ 5 Weeks

JillieBean

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I'd like some reassuring stories for my best friend, who just found out she was pregnant.
We are so excited for her, and she and I planned to TTC at the same time. I got my BFP August 25th and she just got her's on September 13. She's 5 weeks today and I'm just over 6 weeks, so this is really awesome.
Anyway, a day before her BFP she had some brown spotting, which went into the next day. The day after her BFP she had red spotting. She said it was just one time, nothing today, and not enough to go into her panties.
I know this is not typically a good sign. She is already a mother of a 2 year old whom she had no problems conceiving, but did have a Chemical in December, so obviously she is very weary.
I'd like to hear REASSURING stories, where this sort of thing ended in a healthy baby.
Thank you!

I spotted with my boy on and off for 15 weeks. Granted he was a few weeks early and they think he might have had a stroke in the womb but hes a happy healthy 11 month old, attempting to walk, answers back and today tattoos himself with pen....

Hope that's reassuring (off to attempt to remove some ink now)

I could use some reassurance too. I just started some spotting today at just shy of 5 weeks. It's not looking so great, honestly.

I could use some reassurance too. I just started some spotting today at just shy of 5 weeks. It's not looking so great, honestly.

There's a few threads on this forum that point to first trimester spotting as very very common. It's so hard but staying positive will help.

Sounds like it could be a bit of late implantation bleeding to me.
Good luck to your friend make sure you let us know how she goes.

with my son, I bled bright red and pretty heavy the day I expected my AF, but the bleeding only lasted maybe 10 mins. I had no more blood the rest of my pregnancy (til my show, of course) and he's healthy. :)

Thank you everybody! It means a lot. She is probably going to have her first set of levels taken today, so fingers crossed everything is right on target. I don't want to see her go through another loss.

Her HCG was 61 today. She will get the second half Wednesday. FX for her ladies, please!

I am happy that I get to now add my positive story to the mix. I had HEAVY bleeding and clotting yesterday. My mild morning sickness had even gone away about an hour before I started spotting. A few hours after it started, it got really heavy. I thought for sure I'd had a chemical pregnancy as I couldn't see how a viable pregnancy was possible after losing so much material.

Today, I stopped bleeding and had some brown discharge through the day. About 10:30 this morning, I started feeling like I had some morning sickness creeping up again. Tried to call my doc but their office is closed this week. Opted for urgent care. They did US and took blood, all the fun stuff. Gestational sack and yolk sack are both present. I had a Subchorionic Hemorrhage which I'd heard of but thought I had far more bleeding than one should see with this.

Never been so glad to say I was wrong about something....

Every pregnancy I have had has been different in regards to this. With my son I had no bleeding at all.

With my daughter I had a week or 2 of light red bleeding/spotting on and off that started on the day before AF was due.

With this one I have had ongoing red bleeding and brown spotting from 6 weeks (I'm now over 11 weeks). Very stressful, but at my last scan (9w) all was still ok. So very different pregnancies in regards to this. And it's true that spotting (especially very early) is quite common - but should still be checked out!

Hope all is well! :hugs:

My friend got her second number, it had only risen to 91. Her doctor said that some womens' number increase by as little as 53% and this was exactly 53%. Still, she was doubtful. They did another test, and her levels more than doubled to 213 :) The doctor felt really good about this and her first US is in two weeks!

Every pregnancy I have had has been different in regards to this. With my son I had no bleeding at all.

With my daughter I had a week or 2 of light red bleeding/spotting on and off that started on the day before AF was due.

With this one I have had ongoing red bleeding and brown spotting from 6 weeks (I'm now over 11 weeks). Very stressful, but at my last scan (9w) all was still ok. So very different pregnancies in regards to this. And it's true that spotting (especially very early) is quite common - but should still be checked out!

Hope all is well! :hugs:

Sun thank you for being so vulnerable and honest. I am 6 wks along and just started spotting. I have a had a miscarriage before so I was extremely scared and rushed to the hospital. The difference this time is that I feel fine. No morning sickness and no cramping. The doctors are pleased that at least I'm having no pain. So far on ultrasounds all is well. Your post gives me hope :) I want this baby so bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->