red books

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Hi guys got first midwife app tomorrow baby number 3, she wants to see the kids red books from when they were babies, any ideas why?

Maybe to take down the details of their births rather than ask you (which seems weird and a hassle, but that's all I can imagine is in there that matters). Certainly, my midwives have never mentioned wanting to see the red book from my daughter, but they did ask about her weight at birth, gestation, how the birth went, a few other details that would definitely be in her red book. Maybe they think it's easier to do it that way and it speeds things along for one midwife to write it all in your notes while the other talks to you?

Ooo that's bizzare. I've not been asked for it personally, but I do think MindUtopia is onto something there. Those details would definitely be in that book and memory sometimes becomes a little hazy when it comes to fine details. That's the only reason I can think that they would ask for it anyway.

Thanks guys maybe your right, my Husband does have to check his tattoos to remember dates lol!

I Didn't get asked to bring in DD1s red book when pregnant with DD2 . Only mention of DD1 was if she was full term and what type of delivery .

Mindutopia could have hit the nail on the head with her post though ! Maybe it's something new or midwife has her iwn method of doing things

Either way good luck with your appointment . Interested to know the reason why ! X

Ive never been asked for the red books. Also here- we fill in our own notes 😑

I wasn't asked for my son's red book at second two pregnancies! Strange one. It's like they don't trust you to provide really basic information on your own previous child's birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->