red hair

MissRhead

Reaction score
Im platinum blonde at the min and I so want bright red hair!
https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm...tab=wi&q=holly hagan&sa=N&biw=320&bih=401#i=7
I want it the same as this! Would it go that colour on top of platinum blonde? Anyone done it? X

It would go that red but it fades REALLY quickly and goes orangey after about 2 washes - It's a high maintenance look. I only lasted a month before I recoloured it lol - that was another issue. Red is a horrible colour to totally get rid of (especially if you want to go back to blonde). I had pink patches for ages after! Lol

If you're feeling experimental then I'd say go for it, but be ready to recolour your hair every few weeks to keep it fresh :)

I wouldnt attempt it at home, go to a salon they'll know best what to do. But as pp said, it really doesnt last long, you will be constantly having it re-done to keep a decent colour.

also make sure its what you want because red is such a hard colour to get rid of (im a hairdresser and see it alk the time!) and like the girls say its hard to keep it bright x

I have bright red...but am naturally dark brown...so i have to get it bleached out.

just repeating what others have said...i always go get the first colour done at a salon then once it coloured i bye pots of pure colour to put on every couple of weeks.

Although last time i did this (a few yrs back) i had to re grout my bathroom as it stained EVERYTHING red! also make sure you have dark bed sheets, dont go swimming and dont where white on a rainny day lol

other then that it an awesome colour...if u keep it up!

I have been red for forever and want to go really really bright. i'm not highly bothered about how it fades, i'm used to it and spend 50% of my time dull and orangey anyway lol i do agree though that bits of it keep coming out for weeks so going to bed with wet hair isnt a great idea. not had it come out withh rain oddly enough mine always needs shampoo on before it will run lol

If you use a temporary colour it will last longer than a permenant one if your hair is bleached/very light blonde, especially if your hair is very damaged... :haha:

I use Directions hair colour in Pillarbox red, which is a more cool toned/pinky red than the person you have linked to, who has quite orangey red hair. I do it about once a month and it doesn't fade that much in between really.

Red does stain the hair though, especially if you are very light, but it's not impossible to go back to another colour.

I really dont know what to do! I usually just go ahead and dye it but ive only just gone back to blonde from a reddy brown a few weeks ago. Im worried ill want it back to blonde soon after lol! x

If you're not sure I'd wait, sounds like a PITA to get rid of if you don't like it x

If you use a temporary colour it will last longer than a permenant one if your hair is bleached/very light blonde, especially if your hair is very damaged... :haha:

I use Directions hair colour in Pillarbox red, which is a more cool toned/pinky red than the person you have linked to, who has quite orangey red hair. I do it about once a month and it doesn't fade that much in between really.

Red does stain the hair though, especially if you are very light, but it's not impossible to go back to another colour.

^shes right, if you think you might have second thoughts, try Directions or Crazy Colours. They will last (even though they say semi, they do last!) and easier to get out

They dont use peroxide, so no damage done. If you use a permanent, you will gain some slight damage.

I ended up doing it lol. It turned out ok.
1.jpg
Sorry its so close up haha x

It looks lovely - let us know how you get on with it :) I'm going ginger next week! Think Bree from Desperate Housewives (hopefully!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->