Red Meat - Dieting

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Should red meat be a no no if dieting?

I love spag bol, lasanagh, etc. :( Should I wipe this off my shopping list?

You could make it with turkey mince instead. It tastes just the same and is lower fat.

:( :lol:

But turkey isn't mince :lol:

Is there much difference between them do you know?

Not really, by the time you've got all your tomato sauce in there you can hardly tell. Trust me!

You know you can buy turkey mince, don't you?

Yer :lol:

I meant is there much difference in fattening between them! :oops:

Turkey ince is no where near as fattening as beef mince, as it contains very little fat, same as chicken.

Its worth keeping some red meat in your diet, everything in moderation afterall, just try to buy very lean cuts, you can get lean beef mince. But I wouldnt opt for lasagna unless you heavily modify it as the cheese sauce and everything make a very fatty meal. But Spag bol is fine, be sure to drain for any excess fat before you add the tomato sause and try to make your own sause using tinned tomatoes as jar sauses contain a lot of extra crap and thickeners and sometimes fat so arnt always very low fat!

:lol:

Tis ok I should word things better!

I use Quorn mince which is nice and very low fat

ur need red meat of some sort as u will beome inecia (sp) u need it for iron in ur blood u need red meat

Aneamic would be the word youre looking for.....
But she is right, you do need some red meat to get iron, or make sure you take supplements if you stop red meat completley

I heard you love the beef wobbles :rofl:

:twisted: Your discusting :twisted: But your right *sigh* :lol:

ooo you little minx! :wink:

Acctually its a bit of a myth that you need red meat for iron, as it can be found in pleanty of other food like Dark green veg, Beans. nuts, dried fruit, whole grains (such as brown rice) and fortified breakfast cerials.

Its also recomended that you have a glassof friut juice with your main meal as vitamin C helps your bbody to absorb iron.

these days most people are iron deficient to some level cause they dont eat a healthy enought diet plus chemicals in tea and coffee affect the bodies absorbtion of iron.

Arcanegirl said:
Aneamic would be the word youre looking for.....
But she is right, you do need some red meat to get iron, or make sure you take supplements if you stop red meat completley

yes thats is the word i cant spell at all

Cat said:
Acctually its a bit of a myth that you need red meat for iron, as it can be found in pleanty of other food like Dark green veg, Beans. nuts, dried fruit, whole grains (such as brown rice) and fortified breakfast cerials.

Its also recomended that you have a glassof friut juice with your main meal as vitamin C helps your bbody to absorb iron.

these days most people are iron deficient to some level cause they dont eat a healthy enought diet plus chemicals in tea and coffee affect the bodies absorbtion of iron.

thats very true but will wobbles replace the red meat with what you have suggest has iron in it

thats very true but will wobbles replace the red meat with what you have suggest has iron in it
Yep!

Will be buying brown rice, cereal, pure juices & will be buying vitamins including iron & my pre-pregnancy have more than enough vits in them too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->