Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - How much to drink and when

Dini

Reaction score
I know there has been a thread on here not long ago about this but I wanted to start a new one because I'm curious and I'm sure there are some others who are too.

When did you start drinking RLT and how much do you drink? I finally bought some today. I have a pregnancy tea that I love that has a little in it but I was wondering how much of the regular stuff I should drink. I plan to increase it as my due date gets closer.

What are your thoughts ladies?

Following!!! I was just thinking this! I think I should start drinking now and perhaps twice a day? But essentially know nothing about how much and when.

Lol, I'm kinda in the same boat! I have read a few different things, some things I've read say in the third trimester you should have at least 2-3 cups and up to 4-5 cups a day and other things say don't start till 37 weeks. It seems to vary so much! I'm on my second cup today and I actually kinda like the taste and I know others have said they don't like it much.

According to my midwives, 1-4 cups/day starting at 36 weeks. I started with 1 cup and increased a cup a week, though now that I'm up to 4 cups, I sometimes have trouble keeping up. Based on their instructions, you could just jump in at 4 cups/day if you wanted to, but I didn't want to encourage him to show up too early.

I am up to 4 cups a day now. I started at a cup a day just before 36 weeks. I just mix 4 cups hot water and 4 tsp of pure raspberry leaf tea in to my tea pot in the morning and sip on it throughout the day. If I actually made 4 fresh cups a day I would never remember!

I toss two teabags in a giant mug pretty often. Even then, it's hard to keep up with four cups a day.

Stalking as well. Would like to have her after 37 weeks, but definitely before 40!

I started at about 32 weeks but only at a half a cup a day. I've just recently upped it to a cup and a half/two cups a day. I wasn't fond of the taste and I was never a tea drinker to begin with so I let it cool, stick it in the fridge and then mix it with a bit of juice on ice :)

RlT won't bring labour on, it just tones the uterus for a more effective pushing stage.
I started in one cup a day at 33 weeks and now I'm on 2 a day. Wull increase by a cup a day per week.

X

Some days I drink 2 cups of my pregnancy tea that contains and 1 of pure RLT, and other days 1 pregnancy tea and 2 RLT. It's so hard for me to drink this much tea! I drink 1 cup of English breakfast tea with milk in the morning and try to keep up my 2 liters of water as I cramp a lot due to dehydration. It's so much! Running out of the pregnancy tea soon so I'll switch to pure RLT 3 times a day soon. I don't think I'll be able to do more than that lol!

My dr is fine with me drinking it. She said it'll either help my labor or it'll just do nothing so no harm done.

I'm trying to eat dates too. My grandmother recommended I do that last time. Dates are delicious but I can only eat 3 at a time or so.

I'm planning to start at 33 weeks, and build up by one cup each week, until I'm at 4 cups a day.

I started one a day yesterday (32 weeks). Will increase over the weeks leading up to 40 weeks. Here's a pic of my plan (inc EPO - ignore if you just having RLT) xx

Attachments

• 20150304_185423.jpg
    20150304_185423.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g