Reduced movement?

emicakess

Reaction score
So for awhile, i was getting used to babies pattern of movements and strength of movement. Now the past few days he barely moves, and when he does it is much lighter. I have been trying not to worry about it, just chalked it up to a growth spurt. Then just now while trying to sleep, i realize he isnt moving at all and I am wondering now, should I be concerned? He just moved a little bit, but its very light..not like his big kicks and rolls he usually gives me at night when I lay down.
Is this normal? Growth spurt? Should i call the doctor? If so, should I wait for morning or call tonight (its 11:50 pm). I'm just not trying to over react if it is a normal thing.

maybe he is kicking in instead of to the outside?

I noticed my baby's kicks has changed into pushing and rolling so Im thinking she also had a growth spurt

I'd get checked straight away. You'd regret it if something was wrong and you had waited. Hope all is well xxxxxx :hugs:

There's a good chance it's something like the baby changing position or something like that. However, I would always call to get checked out for any change in movement.

Ive had reduced movement for 2 weeks now, I used to call her a wriggle bum but she isn't so much now! She is really low down in my pelvis n groin cos that's where I get most her movement! Shes been good in the nights too she doesn't disturb me! I give her a little nudge n then she moves. Usually when I lay down on my back she wriggles a bit too she is now but its just low n not in my belly area. I keep worrying sometimes tho but having a 4d scan in a few days so hopefully she be ok when we see her x

Emi- let us know how u get on, call in the morning if your still concerned in sure baby will just be comfy in there but if its playing on your mind don't hesitate x

This happened to me on Sunday! I was freaking out! But sure enough the next morning he was back to kicking

Please get checjed out. I had this at 27 weeks and ashumed i was getting to big as i was carrying twins. I was unfortunate and left it and paid the ultimate price. Its likely to be nothing but please please however late it maybe always get checked out. Thats what they are there for

Ah im sorry ladies, i thought I had replied! This morning he seemed quiet, just a little twitch here and there. While I drank my coffee, he kicked a few times so I felt better. He moved a bit while eating lunch. And I've felt him kick every once awhile throughout the day. He does seem much quieter, and his movements seem much more subtle and weak than they were for previous weeks before this..but he is moving/twitching. Should i be concerned? I am so ridiculously tired, and constantly hungry so maybe it is a growth spurt?

I would get a quick check up from a midwife just to be on the safe side. I seem to have quieter days too and just assume it is baby settling into his own pattern of movement. But defo get checked if you are concerned. Better to be safe than sorry. X

I had a quiet day on Wednesday and also thought it must be a growth spurt ... her movements have turned into rolls and stretched and no longer kicks ...

Hi I have had the same thing happen but am 25 weeks. Saw the midwife today and she said only to worry if baby's normal pattern changes. I have an anterior placenta so have never felt a lot of movement but the type of movement seems to have changed and I seem to get a lot of it really low down.

I to would get checked out to be safe and sound.

Ah im sorry ladies, i thought I had replied! This morning he seemed quiet, just a little twitch here and there. While I drank my coffee, he kicked a few times so I felt better. He moved a bit while eating lunch. And I've felt him kick every once awhile throughout the day. He does seem much quieter, and his movements seem much more subtle and weak than they were for previous weeks before this..but he is moving/twitching. Should i be concerned? I am so ridiculously tired, and constantly hungry so maybe it is a growth spurt?

Hi Emicakess,

I have felt exactly the same this week. Before I could pin point to the almost exact time of when she would wake up and also go to sleep and her kicks and wriggles were really strong. But this week (25 weeks) her pattern is all over the place. I didn't feel her for nearly a day and a half and now i feel her at all sorts of random times, where there is no pattern to it. What I do feel as well are subtle movements and not the strong kicks I was getting before. Feel the same as you, am I being paranoid and should I just wait for my midwife appointment I have on monday?

Hi ladies thank you for all your responses and support! So it seems his pattern has just changed as i do feel him regularly now, its just different. I think he may have gone through a growth spurt for a few days and was sleeping a lot and now hes just more crowded in there. If anyone else is concerned for the some reasons definitely get check out! While i was concerned about this, and i posted this thread.. i called the nurse and she said as long as i have 5 movements in 2 hours *even* just flutters, then he should be fine. Even though his movements were so light I was getting 5 movements in an hour. But if you were worried go get checked out!! Or call the nurse :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->