Reducing stress?

Sparkles.

Reaction score
i don’t know if this is in the right thread, but I was just wondering if I could get some advice.

I’m secretly 10 weeks pregnant with our first baby, none of our family knows, and a close family member has just been diagnosed with cancer, which is putting a lot of stress on me. I’m fully aware I need to try and not be stressed, but obviously I’m hurting so hard, and I’m mega stressed out to the point of not sleeping at all.

Does anyone have any ideas for things to do to safely reduce stress in pregnancy? Foods to eat, safe essential oils? Just anything really before I book myself into the doctors to ask them, because I’m fully aware this isn’t good for baby, but I can’t help it at the moment.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm the same. This pregnancy has sent my anxiety to a whole new level. I feel so stressed out. I don't have any advice I'm afraid just wanted you to know I'm the same xx

I would say try and take time away for yourself, when my anxiety is bad I just have to slow down and step back i tend to just watch old tv to turn my head out it takes time for your body to relax but you need to put yourself and your bub first.

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it, I feel like it’s just stress on top of stress at the moment which then makes me stressed about the baby. Not how I envisioned my first pregnancy to go, at all.

Hopefully seeing and hearing our baby for the first time in a couple of weeks will help a little, especially because I can start to tell people and obviously get more support. For now I’m all for taking it day by day and listening to my body.

Yes stress isn't the best for baby but sometimes life happens and it's not within your control. Women around the world are pregnant during war, famine, bereavement - you're not alone living through stress, or to blame for feeling stressed by this very upsetting time.

Breathing exercises can be very effective at reducing baseline levels of stress so then stressful events have less negative effects. It's important to find someone less effected by the cancer who you can talk to about how it's making you feel. Having it all stuck in your head with no outlet will mean intrusive thoughts will come when you try to relax, like at night, and effect sleep. Exercise is good too, even if just a 10min brisk walk per day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->