Redundancy at 31 weeks

deardeer

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies!

I am new here :flower: and need some advice as I feel like I am going around in circles.

I am being made redundant and my last day in employment is 26th April. I am planning to sign on to Job Seekers from Monday 28th until I start Mat Leave from 10th June but I really doubt that anyone will want to hire me at 31 weeks pregnant... that said, I am willing to actively try and find some work for those 6 weeks!

I have tried calling the local Job Center and they were not much help and they advised me to call the tax office who then advised me to call the Job Centre...

So I was wondering - Will I actually be able to claim JSA at 31 weeks or will I not be eligible??

Unfortunately, though I will get some redundancy, as my wage was very low and I had only been there for 2 years it's just not possible to tide me over to mat leave :nope:

I would appreciate any help with this!

Cx

Ah sorry to hear about your situation. I am not too sure but I believe maternity leave is possible from 29 wks so not sure if you.can apply for ma at that time. Maybe cobtact your local CAB gor a bit more advice on your situation. Are the company closing down, is it only you that is being made redundant as I am sure there are certain protections against pregnant women.

Xx

I would go on maternity leave NOW and if you can as redundant or not the company still has to pay your maternity pay plus an enhanced pay?

Whether you can claim jsa will depend in a few things. I'm currently on it at coming up to 30 weeks, after losing my job xmas eve. They've said normally, I would come off jsa and onto income support from 29 weeks, but as my oh works, I'm not entitled to income support. In that situation, they said my maternity allowance would normally begin, but I'm not entitled to that either after being on it last year. I can only claim jsa until 38 weeks, from then I'm deemed unemployable, and will have no income at all. Easiest way I found, was to fill out a claim online, they then sent me a text with an appointment. Whenever I rung I was just passed from person to person, building up a huge phone bill on the way!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->