Reflux baby at 3 weeks

I've known many babies with reflux. If you have a boppy (a U-shaped pillow) have her sleep on that so she's propped up. Also try burping after every 2 ounces she drinks.

Also babies magic tea is great for their digestion and is safe for very young babies. About 2oz once a day. If you're EBF mom you can drink it yourself and pass thru your BM or mix it in expressed milk/formula and give her directly.

Oh will try drinking this is it nice? Trying baby probiotics now hoping this will solve his gas issue and I will have a happier baby. Will keep everyone posted .

I did tried the u pillow it worked once out of 5 time hmm maybe just exhausted who knows. After trying the baby probiotics I think I am out of ideas.

I've known many babies with reflux. If you have a boppy (a U-shaped pillow) have her sleep on that so she's propped up. Also try burping after every 2 ounces she drinks.

Also babies magic tea is great for their digestion and is safe for very young babies. About 2oz once a day. If you're EBF mom you can drink it yourself and pass thru your BM or mix it in expressed milk/formula and give her directly.

Oh will try drinking this is it nice? Trying baby probiotics now hoping this will solve his gas issue and I will have a happier baby. Will keep everyone posted .

I did tried the u pillow it worked once out of 5 time hmm maybe just exhausted who knows. After trying the baby probiotics I think I am out of ideas.

I pray for your baby. Which probiotics you're using?

Kidmom you are very sweet thanks. I make his big sister pray for him. It goes something like this. Dear God please make little brother better so mummy can play with me more amen ! Hehe

Probiotics are a great help for a lot of babies with reflux! I would also highly recommend givine nat phos 6x a try! My daughter didn't have terrible reflux and thankfully wasn't a puker. She would spit up pretty regularly, and showed all of the classic signs of reflux for a while. She did much better on breast milk than she did on formula (and still does), but we had to supplement with formula early on to help her get back up to birth weight. That contributed to some supply issues, but that's another story.

DD didn't respond very well to the Zantac (ranitidine) and we quickly had her on the maximum dosage, which only seemed to help for a few days, then she would have several bad days in a row. I really didn't want to start the downward spiral of medicine with her so young (DH has acid reflux and is on medication that he can never quit taking, though now I'm thinking he should try nat phos as well!), so I started looking for a more natural approach. I copied a couple of links below with more information. The second one has dosage information, and let me tell you it worked!! The recommendation is to stop giving your baby medication when you start it, but I didn't want to cause any misery for everyone involved if things got worse. Now that she's better I'm going to wean her off the medicine gradually. They do warn that things can seem worse for the first 2 days, but then they get better. There is a liquid form of nat phos that is dairy-free if your baby has a dairy intolerance or allergy. There are other cell salts mentioned in the second link that help with other specific issues if you need them.

I hope this helps and you and your baby can get some relief!

https://www.mamanatural.com/natural-remedies-for-baby-reflux/
https://holisticsaffron.com/cured-babys-acid-reflux-7-days-natural-remedy/

P.S. I started taking the adult dosage myself to hopefully help make the milk she gets from me less acidic (not sure if this theory works, but I've had heartburn since being pregnant with her, so they help me out, too), and they taste sweet. DD has no issue taking them. I just dissolve them in a bit of water in the nipple of a bottle and let her drink it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->