Reflux

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Oliver was diagnosed with it today. Poor lil man. I hate seein him cryin cus he's hurtin x

Aww hun, what have they gave him!

This is the only topic I call my self an expert on with children as Rebecca had quite severe reflux for 15 months!

She was on infant gaviscon, sma staydown which resulted in her requiring suppositries daily.

It's not nice for them, and not nice for us to watch.

Seriously tho, u will notice the amount of washing you go thru. Loads!

hugs 2 u both :hugs:

Aww poor little man, :hugs: Hope he gets well soon. xxxxxxx

Aww hun, what have they gave him!

This is the only topic I call my self an expert on with children as Rebecca had quite severe reflux for 15 months!

She was on infant gaviscon, sma staydown which resulted in her requiring suppositries daily.

It's not nice for them, and not nice for us to watch.

Seriously tho, u will notice the amount of washing you go thru. Loads!

hugs 2 u both :hugs:

They gave him Gaviscon too. Gotta give it a few days, then if he's no better gonna try the SMA staydown too. :( No its not nice at all, i didnt no babies could produce so much vomit! We're having to change him after every feed just about. He's hungry but when we try feed him he arches his back, pushes his head right back and spits it out, then cries when we took it away. He screams when he's finished his feed, gets hiccups, is sick then coughs. Bless him. His breath smells abit nasty. He sometimes wakes up after an hour too in pain. He is gaining weight still though thank god.

Docs kept sayin he had colic but i knew it wasnt that. They think he has a tummy bug at the min too as his poo is green and he's a right trumpy bum! So that aint helpin things

Rebecca had it for 15months? How did u cope? Did the gaviscon and staydown help her? What happened when u weaned her? x

:hugs:

I am sorry to hear that!

my brother had this as well!

must be very hard work!

:hugs:

I am so sorry to hear this, but at least you now know what is going on, which must be a relief in some way.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope he feels better soon.

Sweetsami it got worse when she went onto jars etc. But the Dr's say it gets better when they are on their feet, and it did for some reason. It's all to do with a valve in their chest.

It became a way of life, you get used to it hun, and poor buba wont know any different. We got used to every babygro getting stained, carpets, bedding the lot. Its a long journey-but then he might be lucky and grow out of it quick-i keep my fingers crossed.

Its hard not to panic either, as sometimes its like they are choking and its horrendous to watch.

You will get SMA Stay Down free on prescription-It worked for a while but then went back to square 1.

The gaviscon did thicken the milk, and the sick that she was bringing up was really thick, my only complaint with gaviscon is that it caused her severe constipation and we had to put suppositries up her poor botty every day.

Don't stress too much hun, it is common, and there is NOTHING you could of done to prevent it.

Big hugs xxx

Oh hun Im sorry he has to go through this :hugs:

Can I ask you girls the signs? I noticed you said he trumps alot - Caitlin is always farting but last couple of days have noticed its hurting her. Also the sick shes been sicky again recently not as much but I notice it sometimes looks what I can only discribe as foamy and shes quite uncomfy with it. Shes been hard to settle now for 2 days actually last night she just screamed so bad I had to take her to OH in bed whist I got 5 minutes with a brew!

The symptoms Oliver has been having are-
Being sick after feeds or having hiccups, sometimes followed by coughing.
Crying in pain
Fussiness
Spitting feed out despite being hungry
Tensing,arching back and shaking head around whilst feeding
Waking up crying
Frequent vomiting
Comfort feeding
Smelly breath-acidic like.

But apparently there are lots more symptoms. Would u believe it was my HV that said he'd got it! GP kept saying he had colic! My HV rang him in the end and told HIM how to treat it! lol useless!

But we think Oliver still has a tummy infection too so i think thats why all the trumps! Wobbles Caitlin could have a lactose intolerance? I'd speak to ur HV hun x

Rebecca's was projectile vomitting after most feeds, hard to settle.

Im talking sick tho that u'd be sitting her on ur knee winding her, and it would fly out her mouth and land on the carpet.

There is all different symptoms tho in different babies. Id get Caitlin to the GP if you have any concerns hun :hugs:

Rebecca's was projectile vomitting after most feeds, hard to settle.

Im talking sick tho that u'd be sitting her on ur knee winding her, and it would fly out her mouth and land on the carpet.

There is all different symptoms tho in different babies. Id get Caitlin to the GP if you have any concerns hun :hugs:

Oliver sometimes projects his vomit too, its really scary. x

So far we've seen NO improvement from the gaviscon. Ollie is still not keepin his feeds down and now his voice has gone hoarse when he cries-another symptom. He still screaming as if in pain..although doc reckons he has colic still ALSO. We took him to the childrens ward last nigh. GP sent us cus he said it may not be reflux, it may be this rare thing where the tube in babys tum isnt fuctioning cus the rings of muscle r too tight which would mean he'd need surgery. The hospital just fobbed us off though. Told us its only reflux n colic n he will be fine! And said we are over feedin him! Were only feedin him the amount he will take and wot HV recommended!Sooo pissed off! Stupid nurse!x :cry:

Oh hun I really for you! Just wanted to give you a big hug :hugs:. It must be so hard for you.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->