Reflux

mapha2

mother of 2
Reaction score
Hello ladies, I need help. My little one suffers from reflux, my pead suggested adding cereal to his formula or EBM.
So my question is, are there any mommies who has done this before? Adding cereal, I'm a bit unsure as my little one is only 6 weeks old, 1 week adjusted. Tia

My son has reflux and it's never been suggested that we give him any sort of food....I honestly thought that was a BIG NO NO at their age. We have been given ranitidine drops to reduce his stomach acid and so far this is having a positive affect.

Is your LO 1) losing weight and generally miserable? or 2)is he happy and healthy but you're at the end of your tether with the constant clean up of sick?

If it is number (1), then your paed should be prescribing an approved feed thickener (like gaviscon) or an antacid surely! A one week old does not have the digestive capacity for cereal, his gut is designed to digest breast milk.
Depending on the amount of cereal it could also be a choking hazard.

If it is number (2) then I'm sure some of the ladies on here who have been through it could advise on upright feeding positions, tilting of the cot mattress etc. which can all help reduce the likelihood of him sicking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->