Reflux ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
my baby seems to have reflux and its deffo causing him pain hes sick every 5 mins and sometimes 3 times whilst feeding and i think this is why he crys so much the last few weeks hes seemed to of got worse ive been to the doctor when he was nearlly 3 months about it and all he said was 'hes nearlly 3 months now so should go away soon' and that i cant give gaviscon cos im breast feeding which people have told me this is not true as i could give with water allthough this also might be a problem as he wont drink water but i was just going to go out and buy some gaviscon and try. Ive noticed when charlie crys all day this is when hes sick loads and the days when hes hardly sick (which isnt very often) he seems to be alot happier ? the last few weeks have been so hard sometimes hel scream and scream and i cant carm him down and hes sick sooo much :hissy: Any advice ?

I'm breastfeeding and my pediatrician gave gaviscon infant and zantac.He said I can decide which one to use or which one my son would take too. I dont see any reason why you cant give it to your boy.Out of personal experience I would recommend Zantac effervescent,it worked better for my boy. Get a medicine dropper for the Zantac effervescent tablets. For infants you only need to give 0.8ml which is almost nothing and it has a nice orange taste to it,so they love the little bit you are giving them.It takes away the high acid content of the stomach thus reducing the throat and tummy pain.It also works very quick.

Noah was just diagnosed with reflux, the doctor he sees does not like to put baby's on medicine right away, he wanted us to try a few things first. Right now we are giving him 1/2 table spoon of baby rice to every oz of formula . So far it's working pretty well. He still spits up, but nowhere near as bad as before.

Ryan is on Gavison as well. I'm not sure the reflux just 'goes away', although it has got a bit better now we've introduced solids.

The reflux got significantly better once we started giving him Gaviscon and his wind started coming up easier as well.

I can hear tabs reflux....from around 8 foot away....it sounds like a clunking noise almost in her tummy like she is sick but it doesnt reach ground level then goes back down....her screams escalate when it troubles her and all we can do is hold her upright and rock her.
She is on ranitidine (zantac) and domperidone and baby gaviscon but still with all that she has trouble with it.
We raise up her cot matress to 30 degrees and her pushchair matress and make sure i feed her in a more upright position.
They say breastmilk is a natural antacid so when i cant settle tabs i let her suck for a bit of that instead.
I would seriously consider asking to see another doctor as it can go on for a year or so
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hang in there, i know it is so hard and also try taking breaks and let you other half have half hour then swap etc as it does your head in when you feel you cant help as when they get worked up it gets worse.

thanks everyone well i phoned my dr this morning and hes gave me some gaviscon i mixed it in with a bottle though as the last few days ive been giving the odd bottle of formula not sure what to do next time as he doesnt like cooled boiled water to mix the gaviscon in with as im breast feeding , anyone else had this problem ? Im not sure whether or not to start bottle feeding him ive tryed to express some with the pump but i cant get it to work xx

thanks everyone well i phoned my dr this morning and hes gave me some gaviscon i mixed it in with a bottle though as the last few days ive been giving the odd bottle of formula not sure what to do next time as he doesnt like cooled boiled water to mix the gaviscon in with as im breast feeding , anyone else had this problem ? Im not sure whether or not to start bottle feeding him ive tryed to express some with the pump but i cant get it to work xx

When i mix the gaviscon with the milk tabs is on it turns it funny and it goes even thicker! and wont go through the teats! so because i also breast feed have been doing it with the water as recommended too but sometimes have to syringe it down....try that at least it will go down :hug:

Yes, I used to use a syringe as well when I was b/feeding.

Im trying a syringe now and he drinks most of it just spits bits out but at least hes having most of it now , he seems not to be crying as much since hes been having it the last couple of days, hopefully its helping xxx:happydance:

Glad little man is feeling a bit better,it is horrible seeing them in pain especially when you cant see whats causing them so much pain.
If its still bad ask the dr for ranitidine(zantac) and domperidone as they will prevent little man being sick so much so prevents some of the problem in the first place :hugs:

me again lol.forgot to add....try sitting him more upright for 20 mins after a feed too xxx

me again lol.forgot to add....try sitting him more upright for 20 mins after a feed too xxx

thanks hun ive started doing that more hes always usually sat up though tbh cos he just crys on his back :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->