Refraction eye test i think ? (drops) for a child

pinkstarbinks

Reaction score
Hi, if a child has a slightly weak eye and sent for the above test, is there still a chance they won't end up with glasses?

Do you mean the drops to dilate the eyes? Our optician wasn't too clear but I gather he put the drops in because he couldn't be sure whether it was the eyesight or whether my son was tired/ making it up (basically). I may have got that wrong. My son did end up with glasses though. So yes I think you could easily have a child who is a bit inconsistent with their answers but actually has normal vision

Oh yes theres still a chance. Some children just dont comply and this makes it easier for all involved!

My 7yr old never needed the drops.
My 4yr old was very compliant but he used them after having started off without, because he wanted to get an exact prescription after noticing one eye was really very bad (she has an extremely strong nearsighted prescription in her left eye) She did need glasses.
My youngest also started off without the drops, but he could see she had a mild prescription, so again, wanted to get exact numbers so used the drops. She didn't need glasses in the end but has to go back in a few months for another exam as she may end up needing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->