Refusing a mw at a hb

cranberry987

Mum after ttc 16 cycles
Reaction score
Hi

I have issues with my last mw and do not want her attending my home birth. I have been told by a SoM and HoM that they have 4 mw on call at night. If old mw is on call and the only one available I will have to have her (they say). I'm not talking about if it was a case of baby is on the way, in an emergency I'd accept anyone. But I don't see why they can't get someone who isn't on call if there is time to call round.

They've said they will aim to accommodate my request but that doesn't rly help

I'm not sure if it's worth making a fuss over really as she might not even be on call. But it's making me anxious already. If she does attend I will just ignore her and will be unlikely to take any advice. With someone else I might actually take advice about positions/interventions etc

Not sure rly what to do as both SoM and HoM have said well we'll try but can't guarantee it. I'm not sure that's good enough tbh. It's unlikely that all the mw in the area are busy and their on call policy is not my problem

Or should I just go with it and hope shes not on?

id turn her away at the door if babys arrival wasnt imminent and make her sit in the corner quietly if it was and let me get on with it lol,

That's what I'd do but would be better if I could have a mw I could actually rely on iykwim. Might be that some suggestions are actually helpful but I just can't take them
From her.

well you have a doula dont you? she will be able to give those kind of sugestions too i would imagine

yeah but theres kinda midwifey things which are seperate, like baby is in distress we need to transfer. No doula would tell me that. But from this old mw i just wont believe her.

Thing is whats the alternative. If its during the day then probably would get a CMW to swap. But if its at night they might send a hospital midwife whos so used to interventions and being hands on that she would be worse!

My partner at my last hb thought the mw on the phone who said she was coming was so rude that he told her not to bother and send someone else but she didn't and turned up anyway so he refused her at the door and rang the mw unit at womens and demanded another one haha!! Even tho she took a while and our boy was born while she was on the phone for backup so she didn't get to deliver baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->