Refusing bottle - going back to work??

AK89

Reaction score
I'm due back in work around June, when my LO will be 8 months. Well.. I don't actually HAVE to go back then, I can stay off til September but that's when I'll stop getting paid so that's the plan... My LO is SO unpredictable with her bottle.. Some days she takes it fine, others she just won't even entertain the idea of it. When she does take it it's only off my OH under very particular circumstances. I no longer even care about the things I cared about before like wanting to go out drinking and OH giving her her night feed.. I feel like I could quite happily never go out again and breastfeed her exclusively! The only problem I face with that is when I go back to work... If she still refuses it then, what will I do?! Is it realistic to expect her to make do on solids all day at 8 months?? :wacko:

Just a bit worried.. I'm faffing about trying to pump and bottle feed once a day but it's so annoying when it's all for nothing cos she refuses it! I'd much rather feed her myself anyway...

Wish I could afford to stay at home until she's 1! :(

I would just keep offering it to her periodically so that it remains familiar and see how it goes when the time comes. I would guess that while with the sitter she will take it okay. Especially since you won't be close by. If she doesn't have milk during the day while you are working she may nurse extra in the evenings to make up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->