Refusing certain foods?

L

Laura--x

Does anyone elses LO sort of loose their trust on what foods you give them if you've previously gave them something they dont like? Let me explain...

If Maisie doesnt like something that i give her, she refuses to eat it full stop. She wont open her mouth and turns her head away from the spoon and will not give in.

Then, come next meal time, whether it be the same day or the day after, initially she doesnt open her mouth for the food? I have to put a bit of the food on her lips so she gets a taste of it and realises that she likes it before she will actually take the food itself... its almost as if she doesnt trust what im giving her, because she didnt like what i gave her before??

Im finding it quite difficult to try her with new things because if she doesnt like it she will just refuse it straight out, so i find myself sticking to things i know she likes so i know shes eating?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Yea we are having the exact same problem but its manly she doesnt want savoury unless its toast or rice cakes, as im in the same boat I dont know what to suggest, Im not giving in, I will try and try her with the food she refuses and if she doesnt take it I only offer milk as this is what I was advised.

I was told not to switch to something she likes as she will start to learn that if she doesnt need to eat it she will always get something else afterwards that she does like!

OH BTW if after 10 times (days) of trying that one food, she obviously doesnt like it full stop,dont try aain as she doesnt want it (or so HV advised)

Hi, thanks for the info :)

So if i give her something for dinner and she doesnt eat it, what im doing at the mo is giving her something i know she likes. Shall i stop this then, and if she doesnt eat her dinner, just leave dinner and give her a bottle??

x

Hi, thanks for the info :)

So if i give her something for dinner and she doesnt eat it, what im doing at the mo is giving her something i know she likes. Shall i stop this then, and if she doesnt eat her dinner, just leave dinner and give her a bottle??

x

Thats exactly what the HV advised me to do, Olivia soon learnt that if she didnt eat what I gave her she didnt get any solids only milk, not sure if it works for all babies but has helped Olivia, is she refusing foods you previously knew she liked? if so thats what Olivia did, shes not too bad now she will eat but it takes a while and alot of patience!

Ellis does this and always has done whether she liked the previous meal or not. She must be inherently suspicious of me!! Seriously though every mealtime she will take just a little taste of what is on the spoon and then generally carry on. Its not often that she doesn't continue eating but when she won't i don't then follow with dessert or something else as she would soon put two and two together!!! Babies are smart little buggers when it comes to food and manipulating mummy.
Plus if they don't like it then don't take it personally or let it annoy you because then they know they have the power to upset you with food.

i find this with kyle i tried a fishy jar and he hated it so i got another jar out and he would not open his mouth for it untill i put a little on his lips and let him taste it but i think that might of been the fact it was more like a jelly than a puree that his used to :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->