refusing food?

lulu0504

Bella's Mummy
Reaction score
Not sure whether this should be in the 'weaning and nutrition' section but here goes anyway.

For the past week Bella is flat out refusing solids. She used to be a great eater and would love eating food whether it was from a spoon or finger foods but since last week she won't touch them anymore. She seems well in herself, no temp or anything. She started off not wanting to be spoon-fed so we gave more finger foods to try and encourage her but no she is refusing those as well. She cries and pushes it away as we try to give them to her whereas before she would take it from your hand and hold it. Its so frustrating, she isn't a very heavy baby and has always struggled with her weight so this is the last thing we need. She doesn't seem to be taking enough milk to compensate either, she probably had 16oz maximum yesterday!

Have booked an appt with HV for this weds to be weighed and to discuss with her but wondered if anyone has been through a similar thing with their LO and could offer any tips/advice?

Maybe she is teething?

Good Luck hun i hope everything goes ok with HV, my Jen gets a bit funny sometimes with the spoon and food but i think it is depending on what is on the spoon lol...but some days she is hungrier than other days so i hope HV comes up with an answer for u!!

Liam got like this after he had a sickness bug. He was refusing food for about 3 weeks. The hv told me just to offer it to him, but not force it. For that 3 weeks he would only eat yoghurts (his fav). Have you tried her with yoghurts? Hope you get some answers on wednesday x

I was going to suggest teething too. Does she seem hungry but then doesn't want the food when it's in front of her? Will she eat puddings? I find mine always refuse food when they're a bit off it or teething, yet the puddings always go down.

You could try taking a backwards step and pureeing (sp) everything till she gets over it.

Other suggestion is possibly a vitamin supplement. Tom totally refused formula after I stopped BF him at 8 months so I topped him up with one. Actimel (or something like that) I think. The HV suggested it because it also makes LOs hungry (if you think that she isn't hungry).

You may well find that she just suddenly clicks back into eating perfectly normally again. C and T have been teething molars lately and their eating has been atrocious!

i went through the excact same thing hun when my lo one was about 8 9 months old they just have pahses but she may be getting a tooth and its putting her off leeon went a whole week without much milk maybe 5oz a day and no food but got back on track x

She has already got 8 teeth and never bothered before so doubt its that, she wont eat ANYTHING!! not even the sweet stuff. She shakes her face and cries as it goes in her mouth and gags on it then spits it straight out whether its off a spoon or finger food. I've tried her favourite foods and nothing works. normally she adores rice cakes and she screams and pushes them away. I really don't know what to try! She had about 17oz of milk yesterday which doesn't seem enough to me.

One of my friends had this with her LO a few weeks ago and the HV said she might be a bit under the weather. Poor little thing got cold symptoms a few days later :( Maybe shes just feeling a bit poorly?

xxx

maybe? she seems really well in herself, sleeping fine and no temperature. Will see what HV suggests on wednesday. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->