Refusing tests

oboeverity

Mummy to Ted and Willem
Reaction score
With DS, I turned down the triple tests. I had a scan with him at 9 weeks, and then another at 21 weeks. I know that some NHS trusts , if they give you an early scan, will also scan you at 12 weeks, but this was never discussed with me; did I therefore miss out on the nuchal scan? Did I inadvertantly turn it down?

I'm worried that, because I will probably get an earlier scan this time, as the MW thinks I am further on than I can possibly be (LOL!) I'll miss out on an important scan....
xxx

not all trusts do the nuchal scan or at least they didnt in 2009 when i was last pregnant, i turned down all tests this time and the nuchal scan wasnt even mentioned x

Nuchals are done between 11-14wks so the option is still available if you wanted it. I'm in the USA so I'm not really sure but if you asked to have it done I'm sure they would. Good luck!

I turned down the nuchal scan, but in our NHS trust they do a dating scan between 11 and 14 weeks anyway, so the only difference here is that they don't measure the NT if you don't want them to. Can you ask your midwife, d'you think...?

Nuchal scan isn't a routine test now with most NHS hospitals, you have to pay for it. Here it's £170 if you want the nuchal scan.

I have been asked i want them to check on my 12week scan as they will do it on the NHS if you ask, i have refused. Refused the blood test first time round, whatever God has chosen to give me is fine with me. By your 20 wk scan they would most likely be able to tell anyway due to all the abnormalities that they look for in that scan

Your area may not do the Nuchal Test. Maybe just ask yuor midwife or even the sonographer and im sure they can tell you what is available to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->