Regret gift?

Scout

Reaction score
Anybody bought anything that they wish they hadn't? I bought dd a few things that I now think she probably won't play with more than 5 minutes and i'll just end up tossing or giving away:

ABC string thing (where she strings together wooden ABC letters)
Melissa and Doug magnetic fishing toy
some of her little stocking fillers (MLP rings, lip gloss)

Anybody else with gifts you are now rethinking?

Spiderman web blaster... I know my son will love it but when I imagine the silly string all over the place the regrets start hahaha

Spiderman web blaster... I know my son will love it but when I imagine the silly string all over the place the regrets start hahaha

My brother got this for ds for his birthday last year. It was brilliant. They couldn't get it to work. DS and my brother were stood messing with it for ages trying to get it do something, all of a sudden the silly string came flying out. There's a video on my phone of everyone screaming as they get covered in silly string. The toy hasn't been used since. The silly string doesn't last long. I couldn't find any for ages after, and gave up the search a few months later.

I regret the Ferrero rocher tree. Looks a bit shit now that the chocs have been stuck on a few times.

Hmm iv been alot better this year at not buying so much crap for lack of a better word.

I got a playmobil waterslide set as my 3 year old son always pretends that things are waterslides so i had put thought into it but now i think the pieces will get lost and itl get all broken up.

Apart from that i think iv done ok. Oh well apart from some stocking bits like silly putty - that will last a day!

I bought my sister an expensive bottle of perfume. I also bought loads of 100ml perfumes in the Next sale for £6. Everyone else is getting the cheap perfume (plus I have a bottle for myself.

I was wearing the cheap perfume the other day. Apparently she loves it.

Also, a bell musical instrument for my daughter which I'm really worried she is going to break the bells off and choke.

We got the MIL coffee pods from amazon. They didn't come in a box so they look terrible. I'm going to have to buy a hamper or something.

We brought this last year, the string lasted for about 2 minutes and then ds1 broke the arm thingy so we never refilled it - hopefully you'll have more luck!

I bought Dec the overdrive starter kit, cost me £149, it came on tv the other day and he said "I dont think i want that now, it doesnt look good" :growlmad: I bought it in October so I cant even take it back :cry:

Me. My friend has a thing about the old Red post boxes, and I saw a cute little ornament of one with snow and Robins on and it was perfect. Ordered it and it was 3 times bigger than I expected. I didn't bother sending it back as I still thought it was nice but when it came to actually wrapping it and sending it I started to stress that it might be too big and she'll think "where on earth am I supposed to put this?!" and I should have got something else

Quick word of caution, don't get the silly string on painted walls/wallpaper - you'll never get it off and it leaves marks! :cry:

I've bought about a million stocking fillers, regretting that; I can save some for another time but I'll probably forget and find them in 3 years time. I can see my LO's getting overwhelmed by too many stocking fillers.

Sylvanian families bakery for dd1. She sees the adverts on the tv and says its for her sisters ages and she is too big for it so I didn't wrap it and will keep it for next year for one of the younger two (for whoever seems interested, probably one of their birthdays) Also baby born interactive doll for dd2. She doesn't really like dolls, it was just an impulse buy! I don't think dd3 would really bother with it either so cant do a swap

I got Lucas some jigsaws because they were cheap but he never bloody plays with them so I didn't even wrap them. I'll prob drop them in at the charity shop.

Also got him a Barcelona football kit because he said it was his favourite team (he really doesn't know football but his friends wear Barcelona kits). Just yesterday he said they're rubbish and he doesn't like them anymore :dohh: nice £40 down the drain.

i bought the lego city train for DS as it's all he could talk about a few months back, then the new skylanders game came out and he is desperate for it. So decided to save the train for his birthday in april so that it doesn't get overshadowed by the skylanders at christmas lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->