Reincarnation venting!

Dazed

Going with the flow
Reaction score
So, last night my hubbies grandmother passed away:cry:. It was unexpected but expected at the same time IYKAWIM. Before we got the call we were :sex: since I am pretty sure I have/am oving. Just as I am falling asleep not soon after finishing we get the call to go to the ICU, gran isn't doing to well. We get there and find out that she had actually passed about 10 minutes before the call. Now, normally this would just be a sad thing that happened (which it still is), until we found out the chain of events leading to her passing. We were starting to dtd at aroung 11:00pm, gran started coding at 11:09 and was unable to be brought back.
Now, I am/am not a believer of reincarnation, but this just kinda has me freaked out at the moment. If we do conceive this month, I am always going to believe that our baby may be the reincarnation of my dear hubbies grandmomother, which is great, and if we don't conceive this month its not that big of a deal and we will just have to try again next month.

Sorry for going on and on, but I needed to vent and I don't think anyone will understand this but possibly you girls.:hugs:

hi honey so sorry on your sad news but i can see your way of thinking.
good luck with bfp this month and sending you lots of baby dust honey x sylv x

for what its worth i kinda do believe in reincarnation, kinda the same thing happened with my son thomas and my grandad, we named thomas after him and thomas was the spitting image. sadly baby thomas passed away at 3 mths. i got bfp and do believe that there is a strong possibility that it could be baby thomas returning. wasnt really sure before my baby died being a christian but im kinda obsessed with it now and the more i research it the more id like to believe that my son will have a chance to live his life again, maybe just wishful thinking. xxxx

Alisarose, I am so sorry to hear about Thomas! Its funny how life plays out and I hope you baby boy gets to live his life again as well.

Alisarose, I'm so thrilled to hear about your BFP. Congrats!!!

Dazed, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubbie's grandmother. I'm not a big believer in reincarnation either, but I do think there is some other force that can't be explained when it comes to life and death. I hope you get your BFP this month. What a wonderful way to honor her memory.

Dazed - :hugs: for your loss... and you're right - that is some pretty spooky timing!

Alisarose - :hugs: for your grandfather & baby thomas, and congrats on the BFP - I hope it's them returning to you.

AFM - I remember my daughter from other lives, and I have faith she'll come back again in this one when she's ready. Nice to see other people having some similar thoughts - mostly I get That Look from people when I tell them, and I just know they're thinking I've bought a lifetime ticket on the denial train.

I wasn't raised Christian, so I don't know much about the finer points, but I don't really see a conflict between Christianity and a belief in reincarnation. What if heaven's where you go between times coming back?

Hi, I was raised Catholic, but the heaven/hell dichotomy never made much sense to me. Why would a loving god want any of his children to burn in eternal hell? So, I love the idea of reincarnation. It's so comforting! And, it's definitely going to take me more than one lifetime to get this 'love everyone and myself unconditionally' thing figured out. Hope I get more than one try.

Now for a twist on this: does anyone think one of their children is their soulmate? I just click so easily with one of my daughters, it's like we've known and loved each other forever. She feels the same way: I'm her anchor. I love my DH and other daughter a lot, but it's unique with her. Would love to hear if anyone has ever had the feeling that they've known their child more than once.

Great post!

I wasn't raised Christian, so I don't know much about the finer points, but I don't really see a conflict between Christianity and a belief in reincarnation. What if heaven's where you go between times coming back?

I AM a Christian, and the idea of reincarnation is completely against all Biblical teaching. I'm not saying people can't believe in reincarnation - people can choose to believe in whatever they want, but reincarnation is a completely anti-Christian concept.

:)

Thanks everyone. I really wasn't expecting to get any responses back since I just needed to get my thoughts out of my head, but I am glad you guys did!

i think its whatever gives you comfort, all traditions believe tjat there is something after death and that is what we all want to know that our precious babies are somewhere safe and happy and still alive somewhere, some ppl find comfort in the fact that they may come back and others in the concept of heaven, whatever works for you:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->