Relief for sciatica/lower back pain?

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
I'm 30 weeks so still have forever to go and I just started with this horrible pain. I'm sure is probably my sciatic nerve, but i can barely walk, i can hardly lay down or stand up, and i definitely cannot get comfortable to sleep.

I've been using a heating pad on low/medium on my back which helps some, but not enough. I don't want to take meds if i don't have to, but in order to get some rest i may have to try some Tylenol.

Tylenol was the only thing that helped me sleep and it only worked for a few hours. I wish I knew something else too.
-warm showers
-Tylenol
-trying to get in a comfortable position to stay off feet/legs
-***have baby*** (still waiting for this one!!lol!!

This is really crazy... but for Christmas my boyfriend bought me the "Be Active" & I swear it works!!! You can get it at Walmart for like $20. Here's the website: https://www.beactivebrace.com

I'm 30 weeks so still have forever to go and I just started with this horrible pain. I'm sure is probably my sciatic nerve, but i can barely walk, i can hardly lay down or stand up, and i definitely cannot get comfortable to sleep.

I've been using a heating pad on low/medium on my back which helps some, but not enough. I don't want to take meds if i don't have to, but in order to get some rest i may have to try some Tylenol.

tylenol is not going to hurt your baby but will help your back! I agree with the first poster- start with a warm bath, take some tylenol, lay on a heating pad and keep your feet up. Mine finally let up after a few days and if I do this when I start to get uncomfortable I don't get to the point of tears. Hope you get some relief!

Can you go to see a chiropractor? That was the only thing that helped my lower back pain, and it worked right away! Sooooo worth it!

I have been dealing with the same thing.... It sucks huh. :(

I did see a chiropractor in my second trimester, but I didn't find all that much relief, but I may try again.

I did the warm baths, Tylenol, heating pad and keeping a memory foam pillow either under my knees or between them and I have been a little better. I haven't had to take the Tylenol everynight so I'm glad about that. I know it doesn't hurt her, but I just don't like to do it because I'm already bad enough with forgetting prenatals (which i've done great with this week so far) and drinking caffeine to function.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Definitely hot showers (aimed just on lower back/hips) and tylenol, really nothing much else to be done. I will say that once baby is out, it's like instant relief...I know that doesn't help much now...

It took me 3 tries to find a really good prenatal chiropractor, and whenever I go to her I get relief for about 2 weeks! Can you find one that specializes in pregnancy?
Other than that, warm baths, hot water bottle, etc. have only been temporary relief for me.

My chiropractor told me ice to the low back/butt to help the sciatica pain. Seems to help me a lot! Good luck, it sucks! I never knew what it felt like until lately and usually it kicks in at the end of my work day and/or when I go to rest/sit/lay down at night and then get up it kills!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->