Reluctant OH

i said to my oh if i was to have another child leaving in this area that i would be having a HB, he just said ok.

for me it wouldnt of mattered if he was happy with it or not because i am the one giving birth and i need to feel as confident as possible doing so. i think he understood this so wouldnt of wanted to stop me doing what i thought was best for me.

but then again he saw how i was treated in this hospital with zane so he wouldnt of wanted me going there again anyway

sorry to hear you had a hard time in the hosp :hugs:

I think because it went so well in hosp for us last time he is thinking it will be the same again. In reality if something were to go wrong it will wether we are at home or in hospital.

I need to get into the frame of mind that this is MY decision xx

i think its great u had a positive hospital birth, if anything that would make me want a homebirth even more lol because everything went well and fast theres no reason u cant just have a easy birth and its better to already be at home....as u no.

i would just say to ur oh that this means alot to u and that if anything was to go wrong u will be seen at the hospital probably faster being trasnfered anyway.
my oh didnt stand a chance tho lol he knew if i wanted something my way id get it so he wouldnt of seen the point in trying to fight me lol

this is exactly why our MW thinks it would be great for us xx

my planned HB is very important to me because i had a horrible time so for me its i need this HB and thats it, plus it will be great for zane to have me at home. but seen as ur hospital is good u no it doesnt matter if things turn out u need to transfer.

put ur foot down lol and tell ur oh u want this HB and that it will be better for urs n babies bond, he gets to be with u and u dont have to worry about connah

Birth centres and midwife led units are essentially the same thing. There are Mw led units closer to you than west yorks they just might not give themselves the name birth centre. The new pontefract one is fabulous if that's close to you but as Lozzy said if he's happy with a birth centre you may as well be at home as there is no difference in what they can do....except at home you and your baby are guaranteed 1 to 1 care. Not even a birth centre can always offer this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->