Remedies and Tips to help LO through a cold!

LuciLu88

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if any of you ladies have any tips/advice/remedies to help my LO over a cold. She went down last night and has zero appetite all day. She's got such a snuffly/blocked nose and chesty cough. She often coughs so much she gags and earlier my poor little lamb threw up everywhere. I feel awful for her. I took her to the docs who said it was a virus and she'd be fine in a few days.

I went out and bought a karvol room vapouriser (her room smells lovely!). She has 3oz of her usual 7oz bedtime bottle and all day I have just kept giving her juice to keep her liquids up, which she has taken very well. I've got a saline nasal spray also and have put a little bit of vic vapour rub on her sleeping bag also.

I wondered if any of you ladies had any other tips for helping LO's over a cold? Any old wives tales that work??!

It breaks my heart to see her so ill and upset by it all. I've managed to put her down in her cot (I've put a pillow under her mattress to keep her slightly elevated to help her blocked nose) but not sure how long she will sleep for.

:flower:

what about some Tylenol? (i believe you guys call it capol(sp?) Also before putting her down for the night turn the hot water on in your shower/bath shut the door and bring her in there with some toys and let her play the steam will help break up all the blockage and help her get some sleep.

Put some Vicks on the soles of her feet. I tend to do it quite thickly, I don't know how/why it works but it really does help!

Sophie's been the same the last few days :(

I can only suggest keeping going with everything you've been doing, also baby vapour rub on her chest and back, and someone told me that if you put it on the soles of their feet it helps?! I tried that the other night and Sophie certainly had a better sleep than she'd been having....

I was giving her calpol every 4-6 hours while she was at her worst and just making sure she was drinking plenty. We had Karvol capsules this time and we put one on a hanky near Sophie's cot, and through the day we had one in a bowl of hot water in the living room.

It's awful when LOs get colds - there's so little you can do for them and they look so miserable, poor little lambs.

Hope your LO is better soon xx

You seem to be doing a good job. I also put some Karvol oil on her sheet and gave Calpol every 6 hrs, and not let the bedroom get too hot and stuffy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->