Remedies for nausea???

rray0560

Reaction score
It's hit me pretty hard all I can do is sit or lay in one spot and I'm still miserable with it!! I didn't have it with my first at all and it's so awful. All smells are killing me I just want it to ease up:cry: any suggestions??

first of all :hugs: hugs, it was only a few weeks since I was feeling the same misery. My advice is, eat little and often as hunger makes the nausea much worse. Eat plain foods, all I could keep down was toast for a few days but it was something. Also eat what you fancy, if anything. I'd be nauseous constantly but suddenly really fancy a biscuit or a piece of fruit, and I found eating what I fancied made it easier to eat. Drink plenty of fluids, if you're vomiting, so you don't get dehydrated because that also made the nausea worse, in my experience. My mw told me when pregnant with DS3 if I couldn't eat much, to try drinking a glass of milk, it's a good source of calcium. I don't usually drink milk but did when pg with him. You could try sea bands which worked for me in last pregnancy but not this one, or a cd you can buy (or download as an mp3) called morning well which uses binaural beats at a low volume in the ears. I have to say I did have some success with this and I found it would ease the nausea for a few hours up to a few days. You can listen to it as often as you need to while you go about your business. Also, I know it doesn't feel like it now but this stage will pass. xxx

Thank you I'm hoping to get some relief soon I didn't even think of sea bands. I try not to let my tummy get empty and I always try to sip on water or tea but the nausea just hit me out of nowhere.

I find hot lemon honey and a piece of ginger helps me or even just a cup of tea and a slice of toast seems to settle my tummy x

Don't know about you but I'm suffering with serious amounts of saliva which isn't helping with the sickness either but I've found sucking on mints helps tons, it makes the constant swallowing not quite so horrible.

Yes I have lots of extra saliva and now I seem to be having sinus drainage which is probably contributing to my nausea :(

Remember those pear drop sweets?? Those are helping me loads this week!!

I find biscuits help too..!

Apart from that huge hugs its so so horrible!!

:(

Last Wednesday at work i felt so so ill I was so sick etc.. Luckily I have a amazing manager who brought me soup and bread!! And after half a cup I felt on top of the world! ( for about two hours! But I made it to the end of my shift)

I think it's eating when you feel like it like the other lady said..

Randomly today I wanted crisps so I demolished some and felt pretty much better afterwards!

I'm definitely finding being hungry does not help the nausea... Also I think overdoing things doesn't do it much good either so I'm trying to chill a bit more too.

I'm demolishing anything carby and a bit stodgy... Bread, salty crisps, pasta... I have leftover stew in the fridge which I made the other night with some mash, but the thought of that is turning my stomach, so I went to m&s to get some nice filled pasta (and orange juice!) and now I feel 90% less pukey, which is lovely!

X

Sea bands have been a life saver and also eating small frequent meals and what I want. Thank you everybody

bumphope, spot on. These are very good things to do while feeling nausea. Just chilling works great. Things can wait or someone else can get things done around the house!

rray, have you tried Raspberry Tea? This tea is commonly recommended for preventing nausea to some extent. Apparently, it also prepares for the birthing process. Or so I was told!

Hope you feel better soon. Hugs!!!

Sea bands have been a life saver and also eating small frequent meals and what I want. Thank you everybody

really glad to hear they're making you feel a bit better. Sea bands have worked for me prior to this pregnancy but not with the pregnancy this time but eating little and often and eating what I fancied was the key for me. Glad it's helping you too. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->