Remembering the First Night.....

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
Do you remember the first day/night you came home from the hospital?

How was it?

Did you sleep?

Have a lot of help?

A nervous wreck etc...

Please share your experience.

I had my mother-in-law stay with us for one day to help me out.
I didn't sleep :cloud9: for 2 1/2 nights. lol even though she was there.

Mello

To be honest i don't remember very much (morpheine and lack of sleep) i remember getting stuck in the bath (another story) and family and friends came round but i didn't really see them. I was a wreck of tears.

Kalea slept the first night, was just me and my OH and our toddler. I guess since we've done it all before it didn't seem so hard lol.

First night home was awful.. he cried all night, was feeding every hour.. to be honest i think in that first week i got no more than 10 hours sleep and was exhausted. Giving him a bath the next day was terrifying and i seriously had no idea how i was going to manage or why they had let me out alone with this tiny little baby! Of course it all came naturally and now i cant wait to have a tiny baby again :D hehe xx

oh i remember the first night!!

callum screamed all night long, non stop. It was awful!!

looking back i should have stayed in hospital, i came home the same day after having an epidural and i think callum was still drowsy off the drugs and they must've wore off at about 10pm!!

I can sort of remember the first night. But think i was still high from all the drugs i had while i was in labour! Also still in alot of pain. She didnt do too bad (compared to the night in the hospital the night before, the MW had to take her off me at 5am cos she wouldnt sleep, so i got a hours sleep!)
I do remember the OH saying to me... should i set the alarm clock on for her feed in 4hours time?!?! haha he thought he wouldnt hear her if she woke up...he was so wrong!

the first night i was in hospital and every time i breastfed Ffion i threw up because of afterpains.. so it was a night of bf-puke-bf-puke ... i was knackered..

I think when we came home we were in a state of shock. We had had to transfer after a failed homebirth which ended in a c-section, and then Kaya got jaundice so we were in hospital for 4-5 days (don't even remember exactly). I was pumping to bring in my milk as well as feeding so had had about 5 hours of sleep while in hospital. We got home and I just felt really numb.

we had about a week in hospital and were all settled into our routine. we were told when we got home that it'd be a really tough night but I think that Ally was still quite jaundiced and sleepy so it was easy. We haven't really had tough nights with him but I think the most difficult was a few days after we got home...when the jaundice had really worn off!

When I came home 3 days later from having my c-section I was with hubby he helped me out allot , granted our son slept his nights , 5 hrs max but still great for a 4 day old , the next day i was alone with MIL (yikes) lol thank god for some T3lol im nto sure what gave me the headache the c-section or the MIL lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->