removed

Mine picks kidney beans out of chilli
The DVDs HAVE to go back in the correct box.
Toys have to be separated into categories. Like bricks/music/happyland/jigsaws

But thats all I can think of. In toddlers its all about control and controlling their environment. If youre still worried get some help or guidance from your HV :D

Im sure theyll come and do a check for you

Very normal! I think especially with toddlers with siblings ;)

I know that children with autism act a lot like this but to be honest, I would say it was fairly normal. Grace likes putting things in straight lines, like she will line toys up and get annoyed if one is moved out of place, will pick things up one at a time and freaks out if I try and make her pick up more than one thing. Like the other day she knocked a flower in my auntie's house and petals came off and she picked one up at a time to go to put in the bin but when I tried to hand her two she yelled at me :/ I think because Harriet has a brother, it's probably stronger because she has someone to compete with

Liv's younger, but I've notice this for a while. She separates all her food and will eat one by one. Her toys are the same way. If I move something she'll take it and place it where it was. I think it's normal, like someone said it's all about controlling their environment. She doesn't seem to like long sleeves anymore either, she'll rip her shirt right off! Which does worry me as I've got mild OCD and her father has full on OCD, like I couldn't touch one arm without touching the other or he'd go mental. But her doctor says it's normal at this age.

If it really worries you, you might want to have a chat with her doctor. x

:hi: saw your fb plea!

My eldest once ate a plate of baked beans one by one - quite possibly the longest meal ever! I am sure its nothing to worry about but if it is causing you concern then maybe speak with your HV?

My toddlers get really possessive over their things and if they think the other one is going to touch anything they scream the place down - tantrums galore!

Tyler is like that. it gets easier to deal with the older they get as they start to be able to reason. its taken my son nearly a year to accept that we changed his bedroom from the small box room to the much bigger and better room in our house, and it took 3 new posters and a desk to get to that point. Certain clothes can only be worn together, and he chooses his own stuff when we go shopping or he wont wear it.

Its rare to not get a fussy toddler when eating hun, I know children that just eat bread and butter!

Quin went throw a phase where he would line cars on top of his slide and FREAK out if one got knocked down the slide,or anyone touched them
he got over it and doesnt do it anymore.

and i wish quin would eat one by one, quin puts everything his mouth then chokes like every meal :haha:

harley acts that way when other kids come over, in fact she'll gather toys and place them in my lap so the other kids cant have them. Its weird but I think its just the age. She also obsessively goes over her food which I just find annoying :/

My LO eats things one by one, he also picks out all beans from his food and refuses to eat them. He also has this thing in the bath where he lines up all his toys on the side one by one then knocks them off one by one... then starts again. Very strange! Having said that my OH east his meals one foodstuff at a time too (veg, then carbs then protein) so maybe it's a man thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->