Removing artex/ plastering

lau86

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much this costs? We're looking at a new house but it's got this textured stuff on the walls and ceilings which the estate agent said was artex. Does anyone know how much it would cost to remove it and plaster over? I'm getting very different quotes off google.

You can remove it yourself, you just chip it off. It's usually on top of some sort of plaster board or similar.

As for plastering it will very much depend on how you get it done and how much. You can get it done by either straight plaster or plaster board. We just got a large bathroom done. It cost £160.

Ahh I thought it might be an issue as they thought it could have asbestos but I could get someone round to check that out. I reckon getting rid of it would be a very satisfying job!!

definitely get checked for asbestos my dh started removing artex off our hallway ceiling with a steam cleaner and chipping it away but it took forever for a small amount =we got plasterer in and he said if it wasnt so thick he couldve plastered over it but instead he would have to board it then plaster-to have a double bedroom and small bedroom plastered fully and ceilings boarded just cost us 1280 for both

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->