Renewed fresh bleeding at 5 weeks post partum

Luzelle

Reaction score
Should I be worried? Its been five weeks since the birth of my baby, and the last two days I've had period-like bleeding, mostly red blood. Should I go to the doctor? Before that it was nearly nothing.

I had the same and am still bleeding fresh blood 7 weeks aftee my sons birth.We had our six week check up earlier this week and doc didn't seem worried.

Hey hun.....i had my baby 5weeks ago, and am still bleeding sometimes feel a bit crampy too, but can't be period as bfeeding. I went 10days with nothing....now it's strted bright red again too! Had a high swab done as was convinced i had an infecton, but reckon it may be hormonal tbh. x x x

As long as it's not excessive bleeding or big clots it's probably normal. I remember mine went then came back like this.

Could be your first period I started mine at 5 weeks 2 days.

It can be your first period; even if exclusively breastfeeding, unless you feed every 2 hours throughout the day and night it is possible for hormone levels to drop enough to allow ovulation and menstruation to occur.

I'm having the same thing. My bleeding was pretty light 1 1/2 weeks after giving birth. I still spotted a little here and there but now its started again. I don't think its a period as it doesn't feel the same as when I get my period and its super erratic. I have my 6 week postpartum check up and was going to ask about it as I was a little worried also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->