Rent or Own?

mummy_of_two

Reaction score
Ladies im just curious to see how many of us either rent or own our own houses at the moment we are rent a new 3 bed house at 550pcm.Which is a good size for us as a family the rooms are of a good size etc and we have a reasonable sized garden but the thing that bugs us is that at the end of the day we are ploughing money into something that will be never ours and as much as we would like to but with the prices in our area its not an option so we will have to stay as we are for a time but eventualy im sure we will buy when the prices our within our means.

We own ...

Renting wasn't an option for us, just glad we found a morgage company and rates to suit us and our needs :)

xxx

Rent here, mainly because right now we are on low incomes and the rent per month suits us.

we own

house is half cash and half mortgage , only have a 100k mortgage

At the mo we have both, altho we have just sold out house, cant be bothered with the hassle that comes with keeping it on.

Our rented house is a 4 bedroom place for £550 a month which is really cheap so it suits us.

We are hoping one day to buy it, but we are not in any rush, its a long term let so we are pretty safe here, plus a morgage on it will be so much more expenvise that what we are paying now.

Id be quite happy renting for the rest of my life if im honest, as long as its a long term let

we can do any moderations to this place that we like, and if anything breaks, we dont have to pay for it lol bargin!

x

We own and am really glad we bough when we did , paid £33,500 and the house next door has just gone up for £122,500!!!!

Own, but our mortgage is only a third of the house value so we only pay £280 a month on a £70k mortgage.

I love owning the house as we have the security of knowing we can stay as long as we want and have completly redone it to suit our tastes without feeling like were wasting money doing up someone elses house.

Always best to get on the property ladder sooner rather than later, thats how I have a house this size at only 26. I bought my first house when I was only 19 and sold 2 years later for double the price after renovating it myself, this is now the 4th house I have done up. Its the cheapest way of getting on the property ladder if you are a handy DIYer.

Sorry to be dim then but how would i go about at looking to buy? Or the only other option i have thought of is part ownership on places.

Rent - Be looking into buying once we're settled in the house we're moving into though.

Sorry to be dim then but how would i go about at looking to buy? Or the only other option i have thought of is part ownership on places.
What we first did when we were looking to buy was get some mortgage quotes, what various places were will to lend us etc.....

Then we looked at properties within our mortgage range, we were lucky and settled on the first one we saw but with hind site................

Luckily I bought our house when I was on my own, and paid £23500 for it. They are now going for £85-90000. Although I am gutted we remortgaged we still make a huge profit. We are looking again for a bigger house with a garden.

Sinead

i rent a 3 bedroom house from a housing assoiation. although i get housing benefit, the rent would be £65 a week if i paid it myself

Own - 4 bed mortgage £60k property worth around £150k now.

We saw an independant mortgage advisor that cost us about £250 but she found us the best rate for what we wanted and did all the paperwork for us and once we got the agreement letter from the Building Society we started to look for houses and now we're on our 2nd house.
Would love to move again but can't be arsed lol.

Cx

I would also suggest that you see an independant mortgage advisor, although you shouldnt have to pay. A lot fo larger estatge agents have an in house advisor who is not affiliated to anyone, and gets paid by the bank/building society you decide to go with (if you choose to) so you dont pay. They will also explain all the differnt types of mortgage to you and what would be best suited to you etc so you can make an informed decision.

Me and DH are in council flat .. cant buy becuase i was bankrupt so mortgage isnt really an option at the mo as they want stupidly high deposit!!

rent at the moment good price for two bedroom house, looking into buying can lend money but can't afoard the repayments at the moment.

We rent, with me a student it near enough impossible to get a mortgage as they dont class it as an income! so once i qualify in august and have been working for a few months we will then look into getting a mortgage.

We rent, with me a student it near enough impossible to get a mortgage as they dont class it as an income! so once i qualify in august and have been working for a few months we will then look into getting a mortgage.

when you open your pastie factory :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"