Reptile Lovers

Gwizz

Boys Rule!
Reaction score
I have a Russian Horsefield Tortoise called Yoda who is about 7 years old (not sure proper age due to when we got him he had a cert which was deemed fake etc etc lol)

People ask me what do they do, they say he must not do alot but he has a great little personality, always comes up to say hello to me - he is like my child lol!

Anyone else have a reptile? tortoise, turtle, snake, lizard, spiders etc etc

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Yoda/IMG_6816.jpg
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Yoda/IMG_7315.jpg

I have a horsfield toroise as well called linford ( after the runner linford christie )...

what kind of food do you give him ??
linford is nearly 4 xxx

I have had all sorts, I'm reptile mad.
We only have 2 now though, a beardie and a columbian black and white tegu :)

I have a horsfield toroise as well called linford ( after the runner linford christie )...

what kind of food do you give him ??
linford is nearly 4 xxx

He eats weeds and herbs, I don't give any 'commercial food'. He sometimes gets a sprinkle of calcium dust on the food for extra nutrients but nothing else :)

show us a piccy of linford (lol @ name!)

x

I have had all sorts, I'm reptile mad.
We only have 2 now though, a beardie and a columbian black and white tegu :)

Wow I bet the tegu is 'pretty' if thats the right word, sounds like a lovely colouring!

I have a bearded dragon and used to have 6 leopard geckos too but sold them last year as we didn't have time for all of them. Before we sold them we bred three of them and got lots of hatchlings which we sold on. It was lovely watching the whole breeding process but sad letting the babies go to new homes.

When I've got more time on my hands (probably when we retire lol!) I'd love to get leopard geckos again and maybe a black and white argentinian tegu because they're such amazing pets. For now we're quite happy with our beardie Tim :D

Here's a pic of Tim and one of the baby leo's from last year xx

Attachments

• IMG_9253.jpg
    IMG_9253.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9315.jpg
    IMG_9315.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
I have a bearded dragon and used to have 6 leopard geckos too but sold them last year as we didn't have time for all of them. Before we sold them we bred three of them and got lots of hatchlings which we sold on. It was lovely watching the whole breeding process but sad letting the babies go to new homes.

When I've got more time on my hands (probably when we retire lol!) I'd love to get leopard geckos again and maybe a black and white argentinian tegu because they're such amazing pets. For now we're quite happy with our beardie Tim :D

Here's a pic of Tim and one of the baby leo's from last year xx

We used to breed our beardies, had 103 of them xD
B&W Argies are gorgeous, but I had to go for the Columbian, he just called out to us :happydance:

Heres linford as a baby ! Hes so small there ! Hes only just turned 2 in that pic ! xx

Attachments

• 8115834274a9380973111l.jpg
    8115834274a9380973111l.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2
Lovely Gecko and Tim the dragon!!!!

And Linford looks just like my Yoda lol!

xxxxxxxx

Where abouts do you keep Yoda then ? Hes really big compared to linford! Linf is just in a table top box with heat lamp and sand in my living room! Im not really sure what to do when he outgrows his box though!?

He has a table box in the shed (tis an insulated shed!) with a combined bulb and an outdoor enclosure. His table box was in the house but as it has soil in it he used to kick it up and everything would be always be covered in a thin dust layer, even spraying it daily! so I moved him!!

Him in the Outdoor one:
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Yoda/IMG_1021.jpg
Indoor one in 2008: (got more greenery now)
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Yoda/02122008494.jpg

Have you got yours tagged? I keep meaning to do Yoda as we've had a couple of escape attempts!!! plus theres the thought of him being stolen for soup! :s

That looks really nice !!.. i have that same log in linfords box! Nope, ain't got him tagged, hes kept inside most of the time anyways. He would probably get stolen if he was outside :(
where did u get yoda from ?? do you think you will get a friend ( or lady friend ) from him lol ??

Finally dragged up a piccie of Indie for ya...
My B&W in B&W LOL
https://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/LeahEdit/DSC01330-1.jpg

Isn't he just cheeky! LOL x

Tegus are gorgeous... I wish I had the space to keep one.
For now I have 2 beardies and my gorgeous lil blue tongue skink.
Used to have a whole lot of snakes - carpet pythons are my favourites. I would love another CP one day but my OH has his heart set on a german shepherd instead!

awwww i used to have a beautiful milk snake called jake :D

That looks really nice !!.. i have that same log in linfords box! Nope, ain't got him tagged, hes kept inside most of the time anyways. He would probably get stolen if he was outside :(
where did u get yoda from ?? do you think you will get a friend ( or lady friend ) from him lol ??

He spends 70% of his time outside and only escaped once lol!!!!

I got advised that if you get one lady friend u need more because they are randy little buggers and can stress the female if u have just one :wink: - and I cant afford more than 1!!

My mum got him as an xmas present :)

Ok since my last post I've gone and got myself another skink... last one, honest! :haha:
She's a big momma with a little bit of an attitude problem but not so bad that she scares me. Just enough to be cute as hell :D
She looks like she's got a couple of lumps/kinks in her back (probably as previous owner fed her tinned cat food and no calcium rich foods) so I need to tame her properly and change her diet. I like a challenge!

Oooo another one! :happydance:

I have the same issue with my tort - his shell is slightly 'pryamiding' where the diet/environment he had before wasn't right :(

xx

They sort of met each other today!
Well. I put them on the rug together.
The lighter coloured one is the new girl. She likes exploring so ran off every few seconds. Also discovering a slight incontinence problem with this one. Ew.
The darker one sat around doing nothing... I could leave him there for half an hour unsupervised and he would still be in the same place when I come back. He is a lazy old thing, just like his mummy!:haha:

Attachments

• DSCF7349.jpg
    DSCF7349.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member