Requesting not to go overdue?

maybaby2018

Reaction score
So I'm in the UK and classed as a high risk pregnancy. I went to 42 weeks with my first and was induced and ended up with an emergency c section which was really quite traumatic. Long story short I'll be 37 weeks this weekend and have a birth choices appointment. Will I be allowed to request not to go overdue this time? I'm terrified if i do I will land up in the same situation as last time xx

So I'm in the UK and classed as a high risk pregnancy. I went to 42 weeks with my first and was induced and ended up with an emergency c section which was really quite traumatic. Long story short I'll be 37 weeks this weekend and have a birth choices appointment. Will I be allowed to request not to go overdue this time? I'm terrified if i do I will land up in the same situation as last time xx

My story sounds exactly the same as u but I went 11 days over. This baby is measuring 3 weeks behind I have consultant appointment on 16th and if I haven’t had him by then he will be coming that day. They have only given me 2hs to progress and if I haven’t I have to have c section again 😞😞xx

You have every right to request not to go over and they will consider it, with yours and babys health in mind.
Honestly if you had a very traumatic experience there is a good chance theyll agree. Fingers crossed for you.

If you’ve had a previous section, do they not plan your next section for before your due date? That’s if you don’t want a vbac.

Yes they do but I'm planning a vbac. X

Oh I see, I’m sorry I thought you wanted another section but they wanted you to go over due.. you will have an app with your consultant at 38 weeks won’t you? They will no doubt give you an induction date pretty close to your due date I’m sure,

Induction itself comes with its own risks so I'd imagine they want to give your body a chance to do it itself first, but maybe agree to let you go so far over this time x

I didnt go far overdue last time (4 days before labour kicked in and then had him at exactly 41 weeks) but i will be requesting to not go over. I was huge with my son woth severe spd and house bound. I too ended up having an emcs and am opting vbac this time! I have also had close personal friends that have gone over and their placenta's started failing so i will not be taking that risk x

Maybaby I was induced at 38 weeks (Vbac) with my last baby. I requested to not go overdue because I had a previous large baby whose shoulders got stuck.

If you have a good enough reason they will consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->