Research showing the flu vaccine to be nearly useless...

gryphongrl

Reaction score
Hi, I am posting this here in the hopes that some other natural mommas will find it interesting... There is a study by the Cochrane group out (it's not new, but I just came across it) showing that in average conditions, 100 people have to be vaccinated in order to prevent one case of flu.

There is another study by the same group showing that there have not been enough trials of the inactivated vaccine in children under 2 to indicate whether or not the vaccine is useful in that age group.

I found this very interesting because one of the reasons you are told to vaccinate while pregnant is to pass the immunity on to baby - but I couldn't find anything to back this up.

Also, note that there are just as many hospitalizations for influenza among the vaccinated as among the unvaccinated, so it doesn't seem to affect the rate of complications at all.

https://summaries.cochrane.org/CD001269/vaccines-to-prevent-influenza-in-healthy-adults

Thanks for this. I declined the flu jab the first time around. I got a text today reminding me that my GP said I'm entitled to a flu jab but I'm going to decline this one as well.

Thank you for posting this. I have an appointment with my MW today and she has been pushing for the flu jab. I've never had one, but was considering getting one if it would provide extra protection for my little girl. Now I know I'll be declining it.

Yup, and they keep on pushing it every chance they can get. Shows just how money hungry this world is.

Yup, and they keep on pushing it every chance they can get. Shows just how money hungry this world is.

In the UK the NHS makes no money through vaccinating people agains the flu so I don't think we can accuse NHS of only offering vaccinations for money. The problem with preventative medicines is that is difficult to determine how many people DON'T get flu because of the shot. However, I know that within the health board I work for, we lost a number of pregnant women and newborns to flu related illness over the past few years. Without sounding dramatic, it is all very well to say no to the jag based on 'research' but when you see the figures from health boards and actual names & ages of the deceased, it can make you think twice. I will definitely be getting my jag this year, I have two gorgeous girls and a husband to keep well for, not to mention this baby.

lol ive never in my life had a flu shot, neither has my husband or children..

Flu shot is useless! As are a lot of other vaccines...

I'll continue to go the natural way and let my body (and my baby) use nature's system to deal with illness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->