Responding to name

Welshgem81

Reaction score
Hi all my lo is 6 months and 3 weeks actual age. She is 5 months 1 week corrected age as she born early. Im starting to get concerned as she will rarely respond to me calling her name. Shes always seems to be engrossed in something else. Any one else with or had a lo who didnt respond much at this age? Grateful for any responses x

I really wouldn't worry, it sounds completely normal to me. My lo is ten months and doesn't respond to her name, I just keep trying with the hope she'll eventually recognise it!

Xx

Please don't worry.

My LO has only this week started responding to his name.

x

My LO has only just started responding to his name from about 9 and a half months, so I really wouldn't worry

my LO started responding to his name around 7 months, but I think it was because we had a family crisis lasting a few weeks and there were so many family members around using his name to keep him entertained etc.
Even now, though, he has selective hearing with me and his dad, if there's something he's too busy with, a toy or the tv, he will just seem not to hear his name!

Thanks for your responses everyone. Its really made me feel a lot better :)

My 3 year old ignores me. always did. she might or might not pay any attention when i repeat her name about 30 times. She probably secretly thinks she's the queen of universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->