Restaurants

impatient1

Mommy to 1 Angel & 2 DD
Reaction score
Hello fellow BnBers,
I am doing some research for a project I have to do for the restaurant I work for, I will be making a presentation for a training seminar. I am looking for some answers on the following questions:
- What do you think is a reasonable time to wait for your drinks to be delivered to you?
- What do you think is a reasonable time to wait for your order to be taken?
- Would you be bothered if a server said they would be with you in just a moment?
- What is the most important thing to you when going to a restaurant? Friendly / Attentive / Knowledgeable / Efficient?
- Name a best and worst experience at a restaurant.

Probably more to come,
Thank you for your time and effort.

Bump

(sorry, missed approving this one)

What do you think is a reasonable time to wait for your drinks to be delivered to you?
Depending on how many drinks in the party id say 5 mins
Id say for some one to ask if you are ready 5-10 min after drinks
- Would you be bothered if a server said they would be with you in just a moment?
Not if they came back
- What is the most important thing to you when going to a restaurant? Friendly / Attentive / Knowledgeable / Efficient?
Friendly and helpfull.
Best ones are just the times with good service. nice food and a plesant atmosphere.

Bad ones are where they mess the order up, when you ask for something like i dunno mint sauce but dont bring you it. Service is rude and snotty, food is crap and staff are just not helpfull.

bump, hoping for some answers on this one if possible... Anything else you want to add feel free to.

- What do you think is a reasonable time to wait for your drinks to be delivered to you?
... about 5 minutes if it's just waters/fountain soft drinks, if it's more complicated beverages or a lot of drinks I would understand a longer wait, no more than 10 mins

... 5-10 minutes after drinks is when I'd like someone to come back and at least ask if I'm ready to order, sometimes I know what I want right away, other times I don't!

... No. As long as they were polite & came back within a reasonable amount of time. I have been seated by a hostess before and then waited like 15 minutes for a server to come by with drink orders, which was annoying.

... all of the above. I don't want a bitch serving me. If I get a rude server, I don't tip. I don't want to sit around wondering where my server is. I also don't tip if I'm waiting around. If I have a question about an item on the menu or a promotion, they should definitely be able to answer it. Bonus points if they are able to recommend something or can explain the menu item firsthand/give their opinion on it. Efficient is important obviously too.

... worst? Denny's. Was seated by a hostess, it was a dirty overcrowded place. Waited forever for my server, then waited for my drinks, then waited for him to come back to take our orders, then waited for food that was crap and not hot.

... best? A local restaurant here, the server really knew the menu well and was helpful in making recommendations about sauces (it was an Italian restaurant offering pesto, marinara, rose or alfredo sauce).. and he was very attentive. The wait wasn't long at all, food was good & hot, good portion size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->