Resting heart rate - not feeling to great

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of this, I know my iron levels are low but I just checked my RHR as all morning I've been on the verge of passing out, my heart feels like its leaving my body on a space hopper, and very very short of breath. My RHR was 130bpm almost as high as my babies! I usually have a RHR of around 60bpm and 80bpm when pregnant.

I'm on my 6th glass of water (thought I may have been dehydrated) and tried deep breathing, elevating my legs and so on. Is this normal? I do not feel right at all

Personally, I would see the doctor.

My mom (not pregnant) was having insane periods like 14 days of bleeding through pads and underwear and into the sidewalk. Literally. So her iron levels were super low (likes yours) and one day her heart rate sky rocketed and anywho she ended up in the hospital and she ended up needing a blood transfusion. Her heart was beating that fast because her body had to work really hard to pump blood to the necessary organs at the very least to keep her alive.

Now that might not be your case, but with the low iron and now this... maybe it could be worth going to see your doctor? Just to be safe!

Oh my god that's so scary! Your poor mum! Was she okay after the transfusion? What's worrying me is that I was borderline needing one, but I have been feeling only just slightly better since taken my medication 4 days ago, I'm starting to think feeling better was all in my head lol do I just wait it out and hope the iron tablets help or should I still see a doctor anyway? I'm supposed to be working in a few hours so I need to make my mind up pretty fast

She was, well, she ended up needing 2 bags, but yes after wards she was fine!

I mean, I did nursing, I'm not a doctor. But the tablets shouldn't be improving the levels that fast, but they should ease symptoms? So *I* would go, but I always think the worst, so I often go, ahah. As it gotten better? How the HR? Do you guys have like a line... like we have a number we call here in Canada, its like free, its nurses, and you tell them your situation and symptoms and they can tell you, okay no, most likely nothing, or go to the hospital or see your doctor? They have a lot of info on hand and they consult doctors.

Wouldn't want you passing out or fainting at work!

It could be low blood sugar. When my blood sugar goes low I always get a high heart rate. Or low blood pressure too. I would see a doctor to be on the safe side

I'd definitely see a doctor hun, if you don't feel right it's not worth it risking it. I hope you're OK x

Thanks everyone for the advice :) I'm still feeling not so great but my heart has settled. Spent the day at the hospital, I had an ECG done which showed my breathing was all over place and my heart rate was indeed high, it did go up to 136 but by the time I got checked it was back down to 125bpm. Was on the monitor for 20 mins baby is more than fine in there but they picked up my Braxton hicks which was indeed 5 minutes apart as they have been on and off for a while and got to keep an eye on them. It looks like my iron levels have dropped again, they used a different measurement than I'm used to, the doctor said normal levels are around 130, and mine were 104 at my last blood draw and I had them checked today which was a week later and it had dropped to 80 something, so I have to keep on with my iron tablets and have my levels checked again in a few weeks, if it's still low or dropped I'll definitely need a transfusion, but for now, I have to just deal with feeling utter rubbish! On the plus side, 10 days left in work lol!

I'm glad you got checked out. Hopefully your iron levels go up soon :hugs:

Aw hun! I hope you're feeling better soon. Hopefully it doesn't come to you needing a transfusion. Make sure that man of yours is looking after you <3

Oh hon u may need to have a iron infusion.
There really quick and easy and only take about 20 mins. I had one a few weeks ago. It worked wonders at first but I'm now feeling all faint and dizzy and sick and supper tired no energy at all. Also my lips turned blue yesterday.
I kept saying to my husband that even tho I'm there im kind of not there If you know what I mean. Very odd feeling.
My bp was supper low today so for now my iron tablets have been upped and I'm back in a weeks time for more bloods.
Thinking I may need another infusion or blood transfusion. Its horrible isn't it hon.

Aw hun! I hope you're feeling better soon. Hopefully it doesn't come to you needing a transfusion. Make sure that man of yours is looking after you <3

Thanks hun :) and I've hardly bloody seen him hes been working flat out hahaha! Typical isn't it! <3

Oh hon u may need to have a iron infusion.
There really quick and easy and only take about 20 mins. I had one a few weeks ago. It worked wonders at first but I'm now feeling all faint and dizzy and sick and supper tired no energy at all. Also my lips turned blue yesterday.
I kept saying to my husband that even tho I'm there im kind of not there If you know what I mean. Very odd feeling.
My bp was supper low today so for now my iron tablets have been upped and I'm back in a weeks time for more bloods.
Thinking I may need another infusion or blood transfusion. Its horrible isn't it hon.

I hope it doesn't come to that really, it's really annoying!!!

I've had several bouts of this throughout the pregnancy .. its sooo weird and horrible isnt it!
My midwife wasn't really bothered as long as it didnt get too frequent and went away as baby is doing fine in there.
Sometimes I'm like "ok thats it... I'm about to die" :dohh:
My iron levels were at the low end of the scale with my 28 week bloods and with some of your responses I'm guessing thats probably what's to blame!
Hope it doesn't happen too frequently for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->