Retainer

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I'm currently study and my Lo get two days a week, I asked if I could send her in and pay for her to stop for dinner(evening) meal and get picked up at 4pm instead of 5pm. She then mentioned a retainer during the holidays of 4 hours day, two days a week for the holidays, so i thought I could send her in for those 4 hours during the holidays. But apparently not, apparently I have to pay it and she isn't allowed in? This is my first experience with a nursery. Is that standard?
EDT: since the rest of her nursery is paid for and guaranteed anyway. Surely I would only have to retain that hour?

Have a look at your contract. It's not uncommon for nurseries that are year round to ask you to contribute to a portion of holidays. So at ours, we paid 50% even if the nursery was closed (like for a bank holiday or on Good Friday). They still have to pay staff their paid leave on those days so it is typically a way of sharing the cost. The only time we didn't though was over Christmas as it's the only time they actually truly close (close for 2 weeks, no payment for those weeks). But other holidays, we paid 50% (even though they were closed). It should be spelled out in your contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->