Retroverted uterus anyone?

lauralynn3boy

Reaction score
I went in last week for a transvaginal ultrasound. We could only see a gestational sac measuring 4 weeks. I was supposed to be 6 weeks. I took an opk and we only DTD around that +opk so I am pretty sure on dates. From the day I got a faint positive I calculated my hcg levels to be right on target if they had doubled since then. So, when I went in for the scan I was hoping to see something. I am going back in two weeks for another scan and was put on vaginal progesterone because that was low. This is going to be such a long 2 weeks!
I also have a retroverted uterus and she was twisting and bending the wand a lot during the ultrasound. Anyone had an experience where they couldn't find anything and pregnancy turned out okay?
TIA!

I have one. At the 5+6ish scan, we only saw a sac & yolk. At the 7+5ish scan, we saw baby and heart beat!

It was a very long two weeks between those scans. And, of course, I'm still on edge hoping baby is still OK. Next appt is in about 2.5 weeks (no scan but they will listen to baby's heart beat on the doppler).

I have a retroverted uterus, so I drink as much water as I can before scans so that my bladder will push my uterus up as much as possible. Just look at the size of my bladder in my 7 week ultrasound picture! (It's the giant black blob at the top.) :haha::dohh:

Attachments

• 7 weeks #4.jpg
    7 weeks #4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
The ultrasounds are transvaginal so they wanted my bladder empty. That is so cool! You definitely had a full bladder! :)

I have a retroverted uterus. Never caused any issues I'm on my third pregnancy xx

The ultrasounds are transvaginal so they wanted my bladder empty. That is so cool! You definitely had a full bladder! :)

Oh yeah, that's true, empty bladder for the transvaginal ultrasound. Well, when you're a little further along, the bladder trick will help. For now, I guess you just have to take comfort in knowing that it's hard for them to see things as well, and when baby is so tiny anyway, the slightest difference in measurement can mean a difference of 1-2 weeks on their machine.

Just wanted to update so if someone reads this later. I should be 9 weeks today and ultrasound showed empty gestational sac. I am having a D&C on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->