Returning to work full time, little one to nursery...

Donna79x

Mummy to Rihanna Paige x
Reaction score
... Hi ladies,

I'm so nervous. I am due to return to work on the 5th May full time, as my employer declined my request to return part time as we have had to make redundancies (and basically saying I should be grateful to have a job) and because I am a Manager they are saying it aint possible.

Being a single parent I have no option other than to return full time :-(((

The nursery I have choosen is the best of 3 in my area and have luckily jigged things around so Rihanna can have a place there from May and not Sept as they originally stated. Therefore they have no free days before I return to work, only settling in sessions to which the 'norm' in the nurseries around me is 3 x 3hrs. So I have her booked in Wed, thur, Fri before I return to work. 1 hr stay and play with her, 1 hr leave her in the room and stay in the building and 1 hr leave the building and leave her.

Just wondered how you littles ones have settled and if you had probs how did u over come them? I honestly think I am going to be more upset than Rihanna , and I hope this is the case. Its just harsh going from 24/7 to only couples of hours of awake time a day with my daughter if you know what I mean.

Am I being stupid here????

:cry::cry::cry: xx

i have a similar problem. ive just moved further away from my job and with zane bein so young i wanted to return part time he wont let me as hes also let ppl go hes told me this 13 days b4 i am supposed to return!

so now i think ile be lookin for a new job (trying to write a new cv as i type this lol.

im goin to start zane with a child minder soon as i find one i trust lol

This must be so hard. I am just sarting to look into nurseries now, for September and I don't know where to start. I don't even know what hours I want to do when I go back!!:dohh: I'm dreading leaving him too.:cry:

just got off the phone with my boss he wont even let me have a extra week holiday off work to sort out a child minder! im fumin looks like im quitting lol

Awww hun sounds like your boss as no understanding just like mine!! I went through of a mixture of emotions but to the result of I dont have a choice. I have a mortgage and car to pay for and bills on my own so I have to earn and nursery is so not cheap!!!!!!! I could buy another house :-(( xx

dont u get help off tax credits to help pay for daycare?

in a way im lucky my oh works and we have money coming in im just so upset that this is happening and he is such a w*nker lol

Harry is booked in to start nursery when I go back to work on 1 June and has 3 settling in days on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - same as your baby. I'm dreading it, but we can't afford for me not to go back to work. I know going back to work is the right thing to do, and I keep reminding myself of the money we'll have to be able to spend on taking Harry places and buying him nice toys etc, but it doesn't make the thought of leaving him with strangers any easier. I know that my first day at work is probably going to be spent crying in the toilets! I'm dreading people asking me about him, which undoubtedly they will do, because it will just set me off!

I know what u mean Caggi, I have some good colleagues were I work and the are all going to be asking and I will just end up in a puddle of tears lol!!

Yeah moomin I get some help from tax credits but I still have to pay out more than my mortgage is!!!! Im going to miss her so much :-(

xx

I got 6 weeks maternity leave (which is the norm in the states) and then it was off to work for me and Peyton in daycare. Luckily, a close friend of ours has a daycare which she runs out of her home. They live less than a mile from my work so I went and fed Peyton on my lunch breaks (cause I'm nursing). It's VERY, VERY hard leaving him there everyday (Mon-Fri), I'm jealous that someone else gets to enjoy him and not me (his mother). :cry: My husband and I both work full time jobs. It gets a little easier as time goes by, you start getting in the groove of work and it helps take your mind off it (for a little bit anyways). Just recently I quit going on my lunch breaks because she was letting me use her bedroom to feed but now he rolls everywhere so she stuck me downstairs with all the kids napping and I wasn't comfortable having my boob out feeding my son (even though they were sleeping). So now, if the weather is nice, I go walking to try and shed some weight that I still need to lose. I miss my boy very much while I am at work, but the bills have to be paid somehow. It's hard leaving them, but they get used to the other kids around and they play and have a good time. Good luck hun, I hope it is a smooth transition for you and baby.

Seth only had 2 hour long settling in sessions too and he fitted in fine straight away, it was worse for me than him.

We were really nervous about him because he was so shy and quiet, he wouldn't take to any other children and only a few adults who he saw everyday.

He's a totally different baby now. He's so much happier, and he's come on loads development wise. He's got some friends at nursery who he loves playing with and he has the BEST time!!! They do arts and crafts and play outside int he summer and they're always singing songs and playing with the babies.

It is so so hard to do, I had to return full time too as wqe couldnt afford for me to go part time and some days now it kills me but I 100% trust the girls at the nursery with him, and he has such a lovely time. I go in to get him on a nighttime, he looks at me and he's like "oh hi mum" and then gets on with whatever he was doing before.

Its really hard and takes a while to get used to but it'll be fine hun, honestly. i can totally relate to how yiou're feeling coz for about 3 months before he went I was crying myself to sleep every night worrying about it.

Hope you're ok *hugs* give me a shout if you need anything :)

xxx

:hug: i know how you feel hun.
i work but only part time and send my little ali to nursery. we cannot survive only on my husband's pay. i was really worried to start with but boy he loves it, and i mean LOVES it. he goes to a really good nursery and has settled in so well. doesn't cry at all when dropped off and since he has started nursery he has started to crawl and pull himself up (he is 8 months old). not sure if it is a coincidence but he seems to be developing at a much faster rate.

i am now happy he is at nursery. he loves being with the other children and doing all the fun things.....personally i think i am struggling more than he is. he goes 5-6 hours per day.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->