• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reusable wipes and poop?

Lola_0106

Mum to 1 & WWT for #2
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just restocking up on reusable wipes and the site I've ordering from says they don't recommend using them for poop. Does anyone know why? I've used them for poop for 15 months!

You mean like cloth wipes? I've never heard that. That's what I use. I try to use the diaper to get most of the poop off first, but if I don't and I have to use the wipe, I make sure to rinse it along with the diaper. Maybe its just a warning to rinse them first. Strange. What kind are they?

They're microfibre, so I wonder if that's why. I usually use towelling wipes and have never seen a similar warning so maybe it's the material

Did you already buy them? I'd stay away from microfiber for wipes. They can be so dry against the skin. Also, I thought they were not supposed to be in direct contact with the skin...only used as an insert.

They're microfibre, so I wonder if that's why. I usually use towelling wipes and have never seen a similar warning so maybe it's the material

Like towel kind of microfiber?

I imagine it would be really rough. I have two brands of cotton wipes and neither one of them said anything about poop.

Then again, poop likes to hide in towels. Learned that working in a vet's office lol.

Thank you! I looked further into it and they are thin microfibre meant for cleaning hands and faces after food

I have microfiber inserts and will be using liners, so that way microfiber won't touch baby's bum.

Just saw you read into it and it said for food only. I was gonna say, what wipe dosent allow poop?! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->