Reusbale wipes....tell me about yours!

ClaireLR

Mommy to baby Lucy!
Reaction score
I was just going to buy a set of cheeky wipes to use BUT, now I have seen lots of different ones on ebay and a few other places and wondered what other people use?

So I'd like to know what sort you have, what material they're made of, what do you use them with (i.e. plain water, essential oils etc), how do you store the clean/dirty ones and how do you transport the clean/dirty ones when out and about? And of course where you bought them from!

£35 seems a lot to pay for the cheeky wipes but I'm not sure after I've bought the wipes, various bags and tubs to store them in plus the oils if it would work out much cheaper :wacko:

:thumbup:

Spuggies on facebook are made by Mervs mum on here and are fab and much much cheaper than cheeky wipes :)

I have bought some for when baby comes along and a fair few other mums on here use them too!

One word... SPUGGIES :thumbup:

Check them out on FB. They are loads cheaper than cheeky wipes and come in lovely prints :flower:

They also come with storage etc..

I've just ordered a Spuggies kit, so much cheaper than Cheeky wipes and nicer prints.

Is it the Spuggies Wipes page? I will add now :) thanks! What type of storage do they come with and how much are they?

Ah, just realised I was on the wrong page, I've found it now, thanks!

Yep, Spuggies Spuggies Spuggies!!!! They are the only wipes to have!! :thumbup:

xxx

I was just going to buy a set of cheeky wipes to use BUT, now I have seen lots of different ones on ebay and a few other places and wondered what other people use?

So I'd like to know what sort you have, what material they're made of, what do you use them with (i.e. plain water, essential oils etc), how do you store the clean/dirty ones and how do you transport the clean/dirty ones when out and about? And of course where you bought them from!

£35 seems a lot to pay for the cheeky wipes but I'm not sure after I've bought the wipes, various bags and tubs to store them in plus the oils if it would work out much cheaper :wacko:

:thumbup:

I have all sorts that we've made. I just got some material up into squares and sewed the edges. I have some made out of old receiving blankets, flannel pjamas, old sweaters, and organic cotton tshirts. They all work fine but my favorite are the flannel or old receiving blankets (much softer.

I store the clean ones in a drawer with my cloth diapers and when I need to use one I wet it in hot water from sink and spray some solution on them. I've also stored them in a old disposable wipe container and placed as many that would fit in it (usually about 15) and poured my solution over them. I would just ring out the excess back into the storage container and use them.

After they get used, I toss them with my dirty cloth diapers and wash everything together.

My wipe solution:

2cups water (or fill up the spray bottle)
3tblspoons of coconut oil (more or less to your feel..the oil makes it easier to clean off poopy and it's great on the skin)
1-2tblspoons of California Baby diaper area wash (or any type of wash of your choice)

I mix it together and store it in a spray bottle or dump over my wipes in a container.

When I'm out an about I use the chlorine free wipes I received from my baby shower...I have TONS!!! But when those run out, I suppose I would just soak some in my solution and store in a zip loc baggie. :)

The Spuggies look great, just one question, how do you transport them when you're out and about?

The Spuggies look great, just one question, how do you transport them when you're out and about?

Lise has just announced a colabaration with Wee Notions and has some gorgeous mini wetbags coming in :cloud9:

Otherwise, we have a mini spray which we fill with our solution and will spray and wipe then the wipes will go in with the nappies.

xxx

i have pop in bamboo wipes which are great they come in a wet bag too. i just wet with water when needed.

the bamboo means they're really absorbent and i use them for spills, weaning mess and Q's bum!!

I love my Cheeky Wipes, buying all the bits seperately really doesn't work out much cheaper.

They are easy to use/set up, smell luuuush, and clean his bum really really well. And they come with out and about bags that are dead easy to use, too- stick some in the 'fresh bag' and then put them in the 'mucky' bag when used... simple :)

I want spuggies :cry: but I have cheeky wipes. They (cheeky wipes) are ok and do a good job - but quite expensive! Spuggies look far more fun!!!

I make my own with flannel on one side and minky on the other and then just use water with a couple drops of lavender oil and a squirt of baby wash that I keep in a bowl near the change table. When we're out, I just put the used ones in the wet bag with her nappies (and I usually just use plain water from the tap on them)

I would always go for wipes that have something other than fleece on one side. Fleece is not great really, as it repels water and just smears the poo around as it's smooth. I like wipes that are bamboo velour or terry on one side (which is great for giving a good scrub for the messier occasions) and fleece on the other (which is good for doing a final wipe at the end, and also stops the water/wee/poo coming through to the side you're holding).

The cheaper wipes you see tend to be just fleece - even though they're cheap they're usually way overpriced as all somebody has done is cut up a bit of fleece, like a blanket or from a fabric shop for a couple of pounds. They don't even need hemming as fleece doesn't fray. If you do want just fleece, you would save an awful lot of money by cutting up your own (all you need is a pair of scissors and five minutes, plus your fleece) and you'd save tonnes of money even compared to the cheapest kits out there. Really though, there is a reason why fleece is used for nappy liners - because it doesn't hold water (so doesn't hold wipe solution very well and doesn't soak up wee from a wet bottom) and poo doesn't cling to it (which is great for a liner but pretty pointless in a wipe).

Just my opinion but I would stay clear of just fleece wipes unless you're making them yourself.

the ittibitti ones are faboo! I make up spray bottles with water and a few drops of essential lavender oil then use that to damp them and theyre awesome.

i also have spuggies and i love them xx

ive just ordered some spuggies and cant wait to get using them heard so many great things about them :) xx

I made my own, fleece on one side, towelling or flannel on the other.

Mega cheap :thumbup:

I agree with Rachel C - I couldnt justify buying ones of the net that are just fleece that someone has cut up into squares. Same with fleece liners, just cut up fleece. Ok so there are ebayers selling homemade (home cut ups) cheap, but I still cant justify it... even the 99p shop sells fleece LOL

I also prefer to have something other than fleece on my wipes. I have some Wee Notions ones which are great. One set is fleece one side and cotton velour on the other (wee wipes) and the second set is cotton velour on one side with bamboo terry on the other (poo wipes). I find I need something like terry to really get the poo off without smearing.

I used to make my own 'solution' which was just water with some lavendar oil but I've just started using the Spuggies Simple Solution which is working well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->